ADVERTISEMENT

Ray Lucas on SNY

And how long have we been hearing this? I can still remember a game with PSU on TV years ago with the announcers showing how many Jersey kids were on the PSU roster. Of course, the obvious comment was "if Rutgers can ever get these kids to stay home ..."
I kept on thinking the problem was with our league affiliations and kept hoping that we would finally get in a major league and that would change everything. Well, we are in that league and nothing has changed. The mind set of NJ athletes just doesn't translate to the state university. Now, with the possibility of pretty much seeing any college games on TV, if you are willing to pay for it has eliminated that staying at home so the family can watch you play argument.

And how long have we been hearing this? I can still remember a game with PSU on TV years ago with the announcers showing how many Jersey kids were on the PSU roster. Of course, the obvious comment was "if Rutgers can ever get these kids to stay home ..."
I kept on thinking the problem was with our league affiliations and kept hoping that we would finally get in a major league and that would change everything. Well, we are in that league and nothing has changed. The mind set of NJ athletes just doesn't translate to the state university. Now, with the possibility of pretty much seeing any college games on TV, if you are willing to pay for it has eliminated that staying at home so the family can watch you play argument.

It was never going to change dramatically overnight, and the team's problems the first few years in the B1G didn't help. What you can realistically hope for is incremental improvement every year. And a surprise upset or two wouldn't hurt.

Reactions: Knight Shift
It was never going to change dramatically overnight, and the team's problems the first few years in the B1G didn't help. What you can realistically hope for is incremental improvement every year. And a surprise upset or two wouldn't hurt.
Pin this to the top of the board and make it an auto-reply for every whiny thread that is started when a top 10 NJ kid goes to a marquis program. Thank you.

Keith Jackson would say that every Saturday on ABC whenever a kid from NJ made a play.

Reactions: Armor and Sword
ADVERTISEMENT