ADVERTISEMENT

Ray Rice to play in new spring football league

Well he'll have to get the owners to lift the blackball on him.

The new league is "extending invitations" - don't see any indication that Ray Rice is going to accept & show up - did I miss something?

Reactions: MikeR0102
He's gonna play spring football for no money? Highly dubious.

he should play. He probably can still help an NFL team but it has been 3 years since he has played so they don't know what he has left.

If he plays and does well he will get a training camp invite. Or he may get a chance in Canada. If he has lost a step and it shows then he can retire and move on.

Anyone know if he has had any interest in playing in the CFL. I think we have three players up there right now.

Ray Rice is 30 years old, it's over. Reggie Bush is the same age and he's done. If you think Ray Rice can walk onto an NFL field despite not playing in years and be productive, you're crazy. He was declining before he got in trouble. Ray Rice carried the ball a zillion times at Rutgers and a zillion times in Baltimore. As much as I'd like to see him get a second chance, he's done. He actually is a decent speaker. Maybe he can get into coaching?

Ray Rice is 30 years old, it's over. Reggie Bush is the same age and he's done. If you think Ray Rice can walk onto an NFL field despite not playing in years and be productive, you're crazy. He was declining before he got in trouble. Ray Rice carried the ball a zillion times at Rutgers and a zillion times in Baltimore. As much as I'd like to see him get a second chance, he's done. He actually is a decent speaker. Maybe he can get into coaching?
Who are you to say what a man can or cannot do? I know the main reasons he wasn't playing these last years was NOT lack of ability. It was too much political downside for what a nearly 30 year old back can provide. Unfortunately, that is still the case. It could certainly be the case that his body could not get back into football shape after so much time off.. but maybe it could.

Reactions: loyalty_policia
How long will certain posters continue to carry the torch for Ray ?

He is done, finished, kaput as a NFL FB player. No team wants to offer him an invitation to camp. If teams feel he can help he would get invited.

It's over Ray. Become a motivational speaker or a hs FB coach. Or something else. Your Pro FB career is over.

Reactions: madchuck
How long will certain posters continue to carry the torch for Ray ?

He is done, finished, kaput as a NFL FB player. No team wants to offer him an invitation to camp. If teams feel he can help he would get invited.

It's over Ray. Become a motivational speaker or a hs FB coach. Or something else. Your Pro FB career is over.

I like Ray. I think he deserves another shot. He's not getting one though. It's over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT