ADVERTISEMENT

RE: the article about Ash's Plan details

Status
Not open for further replies.
And this relates to woz's post above. There appears to be an intolerance on this site now in terms of questioning anything that the new coaching staff does. Whether you agree with LL or not, he is being crucified right now simply for not buying wholeheartedly into the new regime. That's the same intolerance we're seeing on Rutgers' campus now, where those with dissenting opinions are being shouted down. We should not embrace that methodology in our discussions here.

This is nothing new - last year there were people intolerant of anything negative said about Flood and people intolerant of anyone defending Flood

Reactions: Loyal-Son
It's fair to be skeptical of course, but also very reasonable to be encouraged by Ash's attention to detail and very specific planned improvements. I for one like what he is doing/saying, and am cautiously optimistic.

Why do builders stage houses before they show them?
And the housing thing IS happening. In fact, he was told their is zero shot of it occurring as the person in charge won't play ball. Guess what? Whatever he told her in their meeting worked because it's a done deal.
The most interesting post on this thread - thanks for that.

Reactions: winRU
And in that vein, do you see CBS Sports linking ESPN articles on their site?

Yes, all the time.

And I see the NY Times linking Washington Post articles, and NJ.com linking APP articles, etc.

It is pretty common. When news organizations repeat something something reported by a competing news organization, they almost always indicate that the information was reported by the other news organization, and include a link online.

I think you should go and start up your own site: obviously you have skills that John and Bobby and Shawn are lacking, so will be far more successful in providing Rutgers-centric content while being able to pay the bills.

No, I believe the owners and writers of this site are saying that Scout and 24/7 are competitors. Rivals and Scout are associated with Yahoo and Fox respectively, and actually have press credentials. And in that vein, do you see CBS Sports linking ESPN articles on their site?

LOL. Do you see "moderators" on CBS forums deleting every mention of ESPN, or vice versa? There's a reason CBS and ESPN are 1000x more successful than Rivals. Part of it is attitude. Can you imagine if Google deleted every reference to Yahoo? If JPM Chase refused to allow communication with BofA, Citi, WF? Utterly absurd. Someone earlier said it's hubris -- maybe that's true, but I think it's mainly just immaturity. It's puerile.

let's face it this board is a dumping grounds for everything negative from hot dogs, snow on the sidewalks to super bowl haft time--constructive criticism??? no way--some think they look better and smarter when they bitch

Don't forget people getting out of their cars at full serve gas stations

This is nothing new - last year there were people intolerant of anything negative said about Flood and people intolerant of anyone defending Flood

Here's the thing:

Flood, for some reason, some posters/fans - very few mind you, very, very few - STILL hold very near and dear to their hearts. They still insist that he was a "good guy" who got a "raw deal" while ignoring the facts, and things people tried to tell them 2+ years ago, about this guy. It's okay to rip on Anderson, Graber, Shea, or Schiano, and now Ash, but NOT Flood, the guy who, by far, should reap the most criticism for the shit he pulled, and for the program he nearly destroyed, while head coach OTB.

Reactions: rutgersfan7
Here's the thing:

Flood, for some reason, some posters/mods STILL hold very near and dear to their hearts. They still insist that he was a "good guy" who got a "raw deal" while ignoring the facts, and things people tried to tell them 2+ years ago, about this guy. It's okay to rip on Anderson, Graber, Shea, or Schiano, and now Ash, but NOT Flood, the guy who, by far, should reap the most criticism for the shit he pulled, and for the program he nearly destroyed, while head coach OTB.

I agree completely - I was just pointing out that the narrative that all the sudden this board has become intolerant of any one who isn't all in on Ash is untrue. There were and still are people who will come after anyone who speaks badly of Flood (or Schiano for that matter). Its not unique to this board - it is for better or worse the life on internet messages boards.

I also think there is a bit of a catch 22 with the "just let Flood go" argument by his supporters. Everything we are seeing is either building upon or changing his work for the last 4 years. If we didn't draw comparisons we would have nothing to base opinions off of. The problem is once someone compares it to what was previously done it tends to get off topic quickly and is a Flood battle.

Here's the thing:

Flood, for some reason, some posters/fans - very few mind you, very, very few - STILL hold very near and dear to their hearts. They still insist that he was a "good guy" who got a "raw deal" while ignoring the facts, and things people tried to tell them 2+ years ago, about this guy. It's okay to rip on Anderson, Graber, Shea, or Schiano, and now Ash, but NOT Flood, the guy who, by far, should reap the most criticism for the shit he pulled, and for the program he nearly destroyed, while head coach OTB.

I seethe every time I see the good guy thing talked about...and we all now know why.

Having a 24/7 cafe is great not sure how we never had one. I still remember 8 years ago waiting in line at Busch takeout to get wings/nuggets and mashed potatoes/fries (sometimes all four) at 11PM with football players right next to me...

I bet that's good fuel for practice the next day...

Gotta get a chuckle out of those downplaying Ash's plan. This is some GREAT stuff, all-around, rejoice my friends rejoice!!

Last edited:
Reactions: scottsdaleal
gee--I thought we couldn't or shouldn't discuss those that are departed by firing???

LOL. Do you see "moderators" on CBS forums deleting every mention of ESPN, or vice versa? There's a reason CBS and ESPN are 1000x more successful than Rivals. Part of it is attitude. Can you imagine if Google deleted every reference to Yahoo? If JPM Chase refused to allow communication with BofA, Citi, WF? Utterly absurd. Someone earlier said it's hubris -- maybe that's true, but I think it's mainly just immaturity. It's * puerile.

* Well, I had to look it up.

I find your skepticism fair. Unfortunately, unless your waving Pom-poms around here, you're going to be attacked.

However, if the results materialize, you will need to give credit where it's due.

My friend you know damn well if Golden or Mario had laid out this exact plan you'd be droooooooling all over it! Com'on!

Reactions: rutino
I love the focus on the 95%+ of the program that will not play on Sunday's. Programs are not made by the few who earn the glory. The foundation of a program comes from the rank and file who grind every day, bust their chops, and do the right thing. It creates a destination type program. It creates a positive perception which will generate more interest from the higher level talent. If your focus is the 5 Star player, you will rarely get him. If your focus is developing every player, players will want to be part of the program.

I love the focus on the 95%+ of the program that will not play on Sunday's. Programs are not made by the few who earn the glory. The foundation of a program comes from the rank and file who grind every day, bust their chops, and do the right thing. It creates a destination type program. It creates a positive perception which will generate more interest from the higher level talent. If your focus is the 5 Star player, you will rarely get him. If your focus is developing every player, players will want to be part of the program.
+1

The cornerstone doesn't hold up the building. All the other bricks do.

My friend you know damn well if Golden or Mario had laid out this exact plan you'd be droooooooling all over it! Com'on!

There is a difference one is a Pied Piper who will lead with examples, the others (Golden especially) are like Harold Hill (Music Man)

None of this matters as 90% of this board will crucify the new staff if they don't light the world on fire in the first year. Hell, some folks can't even deal with going into the second quarter down by 3.

Reactions: Knight Shift
There is a difference one is a Pied Piper who will lead with examples, the others (Golden especially) are like Harold Hill (Music Man)

Hey, I agree, just pointing out to my buddy Al that he would be swooning if either of those 2 guys enacted the same plan that Ash has enacted.

That's my line.

The tough part about those types is sometimes we don't know until they're gone from River City how bad they left us.

do you see CBS Sports linking ESPN articles on their site?
I don't want to speak for any other news entity. But yes, it is common practice. I just had one story today (written last night) that credited and linked two other outlets, one a national website and the other a major metro. It is not rare at all.

Hey, I agree, just pointing out to my buddy Al that he would be swooning if either of those 2 guys enacted the same plan that Ash has enacted.
We all wish we had what Al smokes. and yes he is still pining over not hiring Golden who was FIRED BY MIAMI<<< Al that should tell you something!!!
He will come around late 2016

That is a great article. And that is why you hire a guy who has been around winners. He knows exactly what these programs have and do that makes them successful.

The only part I take umbrage with his the graduation thing. GS started it, and the kids in the program have put in a lot of work and graduated at a high clip. I like that he is focused on potentially making it better, but it has been very good.

Everyone should read that article. That will tell you how much better things are going to get here across the board.

Reactions: scottsdaleal
The flood worshipers really need to give it a rest. He was fired, please let it go.

If anyone can read that article and come off with a negative opinion and then they are far too gone and that tells you all you need to know about them.

True but not just the worshippers. The Flood haters have to stop as well. He is GONE. It's over. We will all move on. And I agree with you that it is hard to believe you can take any negative from the article. Let's get behind these guys and cheer them on.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
Unfortunately, unless your waving Pom-poms around here, you're going to be attacked.

Says the kIng of the pom-pom waving.

BTW, I found the article interesting
But I can see where Levaos is coming from....sounds like Schiano when he got here....just hope he can recruit like Schiano.

That's great another thread to bash the poor marching band. When are they going to get the Ash treatment?

musicman.jpg

At this point

In the offseason? Recruiting results will impress me.
During the season? On field results will impress me.

I wish him every success in those endeavors.

Management speak doesn't impress me. That doesn't mean it won't work, that just means I've been there, done that and I'll wait to see. EVERY new boss rearranges the furniture, establishes new protocols, talks about changing the 'cutlure,' etc. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Some of you could do with a healthy dose of skepticism. It's the chiefest of human virtues.
I'm skeptical that you're more naturally skeptical than I am. And I'm very skeptical that all you are is skeptical. Perhaps that's all that it is. But you are also conveying, through your words here, a great deal of antagonism towards Ash and crew. If that's not your intent, then perhaps you should work on that great human virtue known as good communication skills.

That is a great article. And that is why you hire a guy who has been around winners. He knows exactly what these programs have and do that makes them successful.

The only part I take umbrage with his the graduation thing. GS started it, and the kids in the program have put in a lot of work and graduated at a high clip. I like that he is focused on potentially making it better, but it has been very good.

Everyone should read that article. That will tell you how much better things are going to get here across the board.

The only part I take umbrage with is your choice of word "started it" you would be better served and correct in saying Schiano Returned to it. Before the three musketeers Shea Grabar and Anderson, Coach Frank Burns had a +97% graduation rate who learned it from his mentor who had also a +97% graduation rate. Yes dear old Rutgers was very successful graduation rate for over 25 years.

Reactions: BuckRU
Before the three musketeers Shea Grabar and Anderson, Coach Frank Burns had a +97% graduation rate who learned it from his mentor who had also a +97% graduation rate. Yes dear old Rutgers was very successful graduation rate for over 25 years.

Those two also had a 97% white player rate too, didn't they ?
It was a different era and Rutgers had little interest in competing with the BIG BOYS in college football.

I'm skeptical that you're more naturally skeptical than I am. And I'm very skeptical that all you are is skeptical. Perhaps that's all that it is. But you are also conveying, through your words here, a great deal of antagonism towards Ash and crew. If that's not your intent, then perhaps you should work on that great human virtue known as good communication skills.

No antagonism at all.

True but not just the worshippers. The Flood haters have to stop as well. He is GONE. It's over. We will all move on. And I agree with you that it is hard to believe you can take any negative from the article. Let's get behind these guys and cheer them on.

IMHO there is a major difference in the 2 sides at this time:

1) talking about the past regimes is done all the time whether it's Anderson, Graber, Shea, or Schiano. It's part of our history, PLAIN AND SIMPLE, and WILL be discussed, good, bad, or ugly, so long as the discussions are factual.

2) the Flood lovers have no issue talking about previous football HC's, or OTHER sports HC's, but don't want anyone to EVER speak the truth about Flood, and what happened while he was here/the problems he caused, and it's quite disturbing to be honest. I was a huge Tim Pernetti fan, have known Tim and been "friends" with him since we were classmates, but once he was fired I realized, and openly discussed, the fact that he made mistakes, possibly some big ones, and never, ever, shot anyone down for discussing his faults. Same with Julie. Liked her a lot, however, she made her mistakes and I fully understand people will talk about them. It's 100% NORMAL to do so IMHO.

People need to DEAL WITH THE FACT that Flood will always be talked about - the good, the bad, AND the ugly - it's part of our history. Period.

The only part I take umbrage with is your choice of word "started it" you would be better served and correct in saying Schiano Returned to it. Before the three musketeers Shea Grabar and Anderson, Coach Frank Burns had a +97% graduation rate who learned it from his mentor who had also a +97% graduation rate. Yes dear old Rutgers was very successful graduation rate for over 25 years.

If true, I didn't know that. Rutgers should do a better job of promoting that when possible.

Eating properly for an athlete is now considered "quackery" by some here?

How weird.

Hello,

I am a teacher and do not have access to the internet most of the day. In fact, I generally only check the site if I receive a call from someone asking me to do so. With that said, when I am not on the board, the moderators do their best to keep the peace and to moderate in a way in which they feel I would understand/approve. The issue of content from other sites is a grey area, as we have had many, many, many people over the years try to use our forum to send traffic to their site - whether that site is a news site, personal blog, or retail site. We also get people who have been banned who, in turn, get upset and decide to "get even" by creating a new log-in and posting links to a competing site.

It is a lot for me to ask a moderator to try to discern between all of the possibilities above, which is why they often just delete posts linking to competing sites - particularly when that site is a competing "premium" info site. They often err on the side of caution.

If this article was a free article and the person posting it had no intention of trying to divert traffic for his own good or to get back at a moderator decision, it probably should have stayed. We will regroup as a moderator team and discuss.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT