ADVERTISEMENT

Really interesting nuggets by Geo on Geo/Austin Johnson Pod With Brad Wachtel

• Thread starter anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
  • Start date
A

anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy

Tremendous episode. Geo and Austin ask some great questions.

Austin asks geo if he thinks holding teams under 65 is a recipe for success to make a tourney run and geo responds with a very detailed answer where he says, no because the teams in the tourney are all good offensively and you really dont have much time to scout them

Geo asks brad why the big ten is trash in the tourney every year and brad says he thinks its because theyre tired after the grind and geo pushes back and says no way as he was always hyped going into the tourney and energy was never an issue for any of the players and that he thinks its just simply because the style of ball the big ten plays.

Ton of other good things, great episode and best ru bball pod out there

Tremendous episode. Geo and Austin ask some great questions.

Austin asks geo if he thinks holding teams under 65 is a recipe for success to make a tourney run and geo responds with a very detailed answer where he says, no because the teams in the tourney are all good offensively and you really dont have much time to scout them

Geo asks brad why the big ten is trash in the tourney every year and brad says he thinks its because theyre tired after the grind and geo pushes back and says no way as he was always hyped going into the tourney and energy was never an issue for any of the players and that he thinks its just simply because the style of ball the big ten plays.

Ton of other good things, great episode and best ru bball pod out there
I’ve said this here before: the style we play is NOT conducive to non-B1G officiating. If you watch, our teams tend to get into foul trouble very early in the game because every touch is being called by officials from other conferences, and it really affects the style the rest of the first half into the 2nd.

I think this will change and the more talented athletic teams this year and future years will advance in the B1G. The incoming RU recruits have a blend of athletic ability and scoring, so I don't think RU will be grinding out 62-57 games in 2 to 3 years.
Agree with this.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
I think this will change and the more talented athletic teams this year and future years will advance in the B1G. The incoming RU recruits have a blend of athletic ability and scoring, so I don't think RU will be grinding out 62-57 games in 2 to 3 years.
I hope we're winnng games 82-57 instead. Who says we c an't have both??

I’ve said this here before: the style we play is NOT conducive to non-B1G officiating. If you watch, our teams tend to get into foul trouble very early in the game because every touch is being called by officials from other conferences, and it really affects the style the rest of the first half into the 2nd.
If that’s the case , wouldn’t an easy fix be to have the officials officiate the BIG season differently ?
I know the referees are independent contractors …so don’t they officiate other leagues too?

Reactions: NJTurnpike
There’s not just one factor to the B1G struggling in the tournament, and who knows maybe they perform better than expected this year. Pace of play is probably one, lack of talent, reliance on big men, lack of 3 point shooting are all ones to consider. Again, it’s one game series, upsets are to be expected. Especially when most of the big ten hovers around the 6-11 seeds

If that’s the case , wouldn’t an easy fix be to have the officials officiate the BIG season differently ?
I know the referees are independent contractors …so don’t they officiate other leagues too?
That’s an awful idea lol

Yea this is soon to be a problem of the past as Pike is landing higher level recruits with more offensive game

Offense wins. Hold teams to 55, great… but scoring 53 ….can’t cut it anymore. Period. Talent, which is coming, will change the face of Rutgers. Great D AND Sold, consistent offense? Recipe for success

Myles used to get 2 fouls as early as the first minute of the game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT