ADVERTISEMENT

Rebuilding Rutgers from the Ashes Podcast

OTBOTOR

Senior
Aug 28, 2014
Jersey City
Haven't seen this posted here yet.

NJ.com will be starting a new Rutgers Football podcast called "Rebuilding Rutgers from the Ashes," on August 30. Looks like this could be an interesting peek into the Hobbs Administration and Coach Ash's office, as they try to (re)build the program.

Hopefully this will be fresh, in-depth, honest, and interesting. I plan to subscribe, and give it a shot for a few episodes, and I hope you guys will too.

The following comes from NJ.com:

New Rutgers Football podcast to launch Aug. 30
on NJ.com

Email
By Staff | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
on August 23, 2016 at 11:45 AM, updated August 23, 2016 at 11:51 AM

It is year number three in the Big Ten for Rutgers, but this is the start of a new era.

Led by rookie head coach Chris Ash, the Rutgers football program is undergoing a total transformation. Ash started by cleaning house and installing a new attitude, a new coaching staff and a new recruiting philosophy. New everything -- even uniforms. All supported by a new athletic director, Patrick Hobbs.

There is excitement and anticipation surrounding the Scarlet Knights, and now NJ Advance Media will take you inside Ash's first year as he tries to change the culture around Rutgers Football.

Rebuilding Rutgers: From The Ashes is a new podcast produced by NJ Advance Media, launching Aug. 30 with episodes airing throughout the football season.

Subscribe on iTunes

Subscribe on Stitcher

Subscribe on Soundcloud

Story on NJ.com:
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i..._rutgers_from_the_ashes_podcast_to_launc.html

Reactions: Alaska_Dawg
Episode #1 was released yesterday. Titled "An Unlikely Partnership," this episode tells the story of how Hobbs got the AD job, how he found and got Chris Ash on board, and how these two men are working together toward a shared vision. Lots of recorded interviews with Hobbs and Ash, talk about how they are selling boosters and recruits, and facing the gargantuan task of building up.

There was some talk about how Ash is micromanaging everything, including changing where the band will sit in the stadium. Has anyone heard about this? Know where the band is moving to?

Good start to the podcast! I'm looking forward to the next episode!

Reactions: Peteyd
Personally I don't really like the title. Some of the hyperbole around the program these days seem to make believe that Flood brought the program down to Terry Shea level... this is not the case. He may have brought the program back 3-4yrs but he didn't do anything more drastic than that. We aren't anywhere near ashes to need to be built up from the ground up.

It's not really what I think of as a podcast. More of an audio documentary. It was okay, but I'd rather see something with people who cover the team previewing the upcoming game, reviewing previous game, talking recruiting, etc.

It was actually well done. I enjoyed it. Not a lot of new info but some cool nuggets. Hopefully the rest of these won't focus as much on the past and how bad things got last year.

Personally I don't really like the title. Some of the hyperbole around the program these days seem to make believe that Flood brought the program down to Terry Shea level... this is not the case. He may have brought the program back 3-4yrs but he didn't do anything more drastic than that. We aren't anywhere near ashes to need to be built up from the ground up.

I completely agree. The title is counterproductive. If you self-describe as "completely destroyed" than why would potential ticket buyers or recruits do anything other than take a wait and see approach? Better to use only positive forward looking terms. Getting the cheesy Ash pun in there was not worth it. Just call it "Building Rutgers"

Reactions: Blitz8RUCrazy
There was a bit at the end of the podcast where the hosts talked about the expectations for the Ash/Hobbs regime. They talked about having a competitive program that has winning seasons and wins bowl games. That's pretty much the program we've had since 2005 with a couple of bad seasons thrown in. The extent of the program's "destruction" was exaggerated. Granted, Flood was a mediocre coach at best, but it's not like Ash is taking over a program that won 11 games in 5 years.

There was a bit at the end of the podcast where the hosts talked about the expectations for the Ash/Hobbs regime. They talked about having a competitive program that has winning seasons and wins bowl games. That's pretty much the program we've had since 2005 with a couple of bad seasons thrown in. The extent of the program's "destruction" was exaggerated. Granted, Flood was a mediocre coach at best, but it's not like Ash is taking over a program that won 11 games in 5 years.
You must be new here. A popular narrative is we are screwed for at least 3 more years. Yeah, our talent level is below Michigan, tOSU, Michigan State and Penn State, but unless something miraculous happens, it will still be below at least 3 of those four schools even if Ash miraculously turns it around.

I completely agree. The title is counterproductive. If you self-describe as "completely destroyed" than why would potential ticket buyers or recruits do anything other than take a wait and see approach? Better to use only positive forward looking terms. Getting the cheesy Ash pun in there was not worth it. Just call it "Building Rutgers"
Not only is it cheesy, but it's not accurate. From the Ashes suggests that Ash was the problem, or at least the remnant of a bad situation.

I listened to about 3 minutes of it. once I heard Politi's voice I pretty much lost interest.

Reactions: Blitz8RUCrazy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT