ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling RECAP: Rutgers Wrestling Big Ten Tourney Notebook

Richie O

Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
Via @Lex Knapp

This season has been unlike any other. With a late start, last minute schedule, conference only matches, cancelled dual meets, this season will go down as one of the most chaotic wrestling seasons in history.

I don’t know about for you all, but for me, this Big Ten tournament was the closest thing to normal I felt in a year. The intensity, high quality wrestling, and great matchups all made me forget for a few days just how crazy this year was.

The Big Ten tournament was Rutgers wrestling’s first time competing in six weeks. That isn’t exactly the best way to come off of a month and a half hiatus, but Rutgers was able to have some bright moments, along with some disappointments.

Rutgers was led by Sebastian Rivera, Mike Van Brill and John Poznanski who all finished in third place, and secured bids to the national tournament. Some wrestlers such as Jackson Turley, Billy Janzer, and Rob Kanniard will now sit and wait to hear if they are fortunate enough to get an at-large bid to the big dance.

After a long and exciting weekend, here is what TKR saw from Rutgers wrestling this weekend, and some things to anticipate as we move closer to the national tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT