ADVERTISEMENT

Recruit notes

RU72

All American
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
It is all Rutgers and Michigan for Kante. Maryland is not as previously believed a factor.

Rutgers is very serious about Elijah Moore of Cardinal Hayes and is checking him out thoroughly this weekend.

Caleb had some serious $$$ suitors in Europe and NIL really helped maintain him.

It is all Rutgers and Michigan for Kante. Maryland is not as previously believed a factor.

Rutgers is very serious about Elijah Moore of Cardinal Hayes and is checking him out thoroughly this weekend.

Caleb had some serious $$$ suitors in Europe and NIL really helped maintain him.
Good to see a NYC recruit. What ever happened to basketball in the City? At one time it seems like 15%-20% of kids playing college ball came out of NYC. I guess they all now transfer to out of state prep schools and Parochial schools, or Camden High . . . 😝😝😝

Good to see a NYC recruit. What ever happened to basketball in the City? At one time it seems like 15%-20% of kids playing college ball came out of NYC. I guess they all now transfer to out of state prep schools and Parochial schools, or Camden High . . . 😝😝😝
This. I spoke to Pike about NYC hoops following a Court Club meeting during the season. Top players simply don't remain at their schools any longer.

Privatization of all sports is killing opportunities for kids in cities unless they get recruited to go elsewhere

Privatization of all sports is killing opportunities for kids in cities unless they get recruited to go elsewhere
Public schools are done. NIL is in high schools in 10 states. It will be all 50 by the end of the year. Every private school has boosters. Every Catholic school has boosters. They are driving the top public school athletes to their schools. It is happening in New England preps and will soon be everywhere. It's a fact of life.

• Sad
Reactions: runrutgersrun
Public schools are done. NIL is in high schools in 10 states. It will be all 50 by the end of the year. Every private school has boosters. Every Catholic school has boosters. They are driving the top public school athletes to their schools. It is happening in New England preps and will soon be everywhere. It's a fact of life.
Not opposed to it. I support NIL. I was just answering the question of why NYC doesn't produce the same number of basketball recruits it once did

They get picked off by private schools and prep,schools. Just look at the NEPSAC rosters and see where the kids come from.

Your recruiting information is greatly appreciated especially during the summer months when AAU games are being played.

Kind of surprised RU not involved with a kid from Worcester MA. Academy TJ Power . Multi position kid at 6'8 210 and has a bunch of upside IMO. Has Penn St , Providence , Miami , ND , Xavier and Maryland amongst his many suitors. Reminds me of a little bigger Mulcahy and he might be a better shooter.

Is also supposed to be a heckuva Southpaw pitcher.

Reactions: 240sx7426
ADVERTISEMENT