ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting is a Rancid Business

RutgersMO

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2001
Rutgers & NJ @ Heart
We obviously get good talent (DBU is IMPRESSIVE)...but the decomitts hurt. They make me feel like a failed Stuart Smalley....and I hate Al Franken as both a comedian (he's not funny)... and a senator (he may be funnier in this role).

It will be great when Rutgers is a destination and hot ticket instead of a fall back for some of these kids. Until then I'll hate the rejection, the manipulation & attention that we fawn on recruits who feel that Rutgers, fans / alums aren't good enough ....but yet they want to rep NJ /of course some come back...because Iowa, Minny, UM, PSU etc. aren't HOME (what a surprise!).

I'd rather we lose them early or never count them as one of ours...if they're going to wind up at the Hatfield's (and we're the real McCoy's).

MO
PS Just finished reading Hillbilly Elegy...great read.

Think this calls for another "creepy but true tale from mo's sexual rolodex."

I will not be reading it, but I think the board needs to remember that there are much worse things than decommits in life ; )

Think this calls for another "creepy but true tale from mo's sexual rolodex."

I will not be reading it, but I think the board needs to remember that there are much worse things than decommits in life ; )

Fanu

Your viewpoint is correct... there are much worse things in life.

Except that we're all reading the RUTGERS board. My concern is the health of the program not a BMI calculator or how to avoid some deadly disease- it's about : RECRUITING (the future) / Wins vs. Loses (the present / past).

My concern is the strength of the program not how many reps can I do or what my time is for a mile: it's all Rutgers-centric.

I always root/ carry my Rutgers badges with me on my sleeve wherever I've gone or will go.

I'm not on Facebook so this is my social media so to speak.

MO

We should just wait till signing day before showing support for immature kids that are in it for attention. Most dont pan out anyway

We should just wait till signing day before showing support for immature kids that are in it for attention. Most dont pan out anyway
You're probably right. I remember all of the cheering we did for Anthony Russo as he competed in the QB camps, only to see him decommit.

If you read Al Franken, he's funny as hell. If you listen to Al Franken, often not so much -- although he and Arianna Huffington were awesome in the "Strange Bedfellows" segment during one of the elections back in the day.

If you read Al Franken, he's funny as hell. If you listen to Al Franken, often not so much -- although he and Arianna Huffington were awesome in the "Strange Bedfellows" segment during one of the elections back in the day.
They both suck !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT