ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting when there is no high school season

superfan01

All American
May 29, 2003
Will be interesting indeed. Very unfortunate to many players who are late bloomers and can have surprise senior seasons

will also make it almost impossible for college coaches to recruit and fill out classes without being able to access and watch updated film and games on high school players.

kids change so much at 16 and 17 yrs old.

would guess signing day can be pushed back to late spring so maybe they can have some spring camps at least at the worst.

I am confident in schiano’s ability here .

He is the first one to tell you that a player he wouldnt take on 11th grade film he prioritizes them after seeing their Sr season film. No HS football season is going to make it tough on the borderline guys.

Reactions: beaced
They should focus on their schooling. This isn’t the worst thing considering.

He is the first one to tell you that a player he wouldnt take on 11th grade film he prioritizes them after seeing their Sr season film. No HS football season is going to make it tough on the borderline guys.

Your post is unclear . Why would he prioritize a guy he wouldn’t take on the 11th grade film? Are you talking about guys that he didn’t like in the 11th grade but then liked in the 12th?

Ummm....NJ HS football has not been canceled. Officially, practices start Sept 14. Games start October 1st.

If football is canceled or postponed in other states then I believe two things will happen:
1) players in NJ will have a higher premium attached to them- given a senior season of weight training, practice and games.

2) Early signing period will be canceled and kids will he able to sign after some states finish their spring football season.

Your post is unclear . Why would he prioritize a guy he wouldn’t take on the 11th grade film? Are you talking about guys that he didn’t like in the 11th grade but then liked in the 12th?
Yes, exactly. That was my point in saying that having no Sr season to have film on will hurt a lot of borderline players.
My son was a perfect example. Greg saw his Jr tape- And this was way back before hudl...and what he saw was the biggest kid in each of his games(his words, a baskeball player) who did very well on OL/DL because he was just bigger and stronger. He didn't feel that he could excel at the highest level. He actually told his coaches a few times during Kevin's Sr season that he wasnt going to waste his time watching Sr season because he didn't think it would be much different. Until, he went to the Coaches seminar that was in Dec/Jan timeframe and he was hearing coaches from Schools like Maryland/GaTech/USF etc being excited about this kid in Gregs backyard. He got back to campus and asked for the new film right away and was in our living room the next day. Said the difference was that he saw Kevin gain confidence. And instead of just doing enough to win his battle, he started to see a killer instinct in him were he decided on every single play, he would dominate and destroy the opposition until the whistle was blown.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT