ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

I think Mullen comes to RU IF the NIL Package is right. I think he wants to come here but if package isn't right he goes elswhere. There are plenty of folks working on making Jersey Jimmy to RU!
That’s great news! Sounds like the money people behind the program will have a solid NIL package. Was concerned that he wanted better work out partners. Glad that is not an issue. Let’s get him,

Reactions: runrutgersrun
I think Mullen comes to RU IF the NIL Package is right. I think he wants to come here but if package isn't right he goes elswhere. There are plenty of folks working on making Jersey Jimmy to RU!
What does that actually mean, more money than from the others? I keep hearing that we don't have the money to compete. Where would the NIL package come from?

Right which makes it even more important to land Mullen, because there is really no one left in state for 2023...

Reactions: mikemessner
The Top 10 Jersey Kids in the class of 2023 per Willie. Praying for Mullen and/or Vazques
1Jim MullenSt Joe’s Montvale32-21st NJ, 1st UWW Cadet FS/GR285lbs
2Tyler VazquezDelbarton33-01st NJ, 3rd NJ, 1st BoE132lbs
3Anthony SantanielloBrick Memorial40-21st NJ 2nd NJ, 2nd BoE132lbsOklahoma
4Simon RuizDelbarton33-11st NJ, 2nd NJ, 2nd BoE157lbsCornell
5Luke StanichRoxbury33-12nd NJ, 4th NJ120lbsLehigh
6Conor CollinsSouthern37-13rd NJ, 2nd NJ120lbsArmy
7Jared SchoppeDelsea40-22nd NJ, 5th NJ, 3rd Cadet Nationals175lbsLehigh
8Cross WasilewskiDelbarton36-53rd NJ, 2nd BoE, 4th PwrAde, 4th Cadet Ntls144lbsPenn
9Julian GeorgeChristians Brothers37-42nd NJ, 8th NJ, 3rd ETR, 3rd BoE138lbsWisconsin
10Michael DellagattaSt Joe’s Montvale37-43rd NJ, 4th NJ 2nd ETR, 5th PwrAde175lbsCornell

Reactions: KidDagger
The Top 10 Jersey Kids in the class of 2023 per Willie. Praying for Mullen and/or Vazques
1Jim MullenSt Joe’s Montvale32-21st NJ, 1st UWW Cadet FS/GR285lbs
2Tyler VazquezDelbarton33-01st NJ, 3rd NJ, 1st BoE132lbs
3Anthony SantanielloBrick Memorial40-21st NJ 2nd NJ, 2nd BoE132lbsOklahoma
4Simon RuizDelbarton33-11st NJ, 2nd NJ, 2nd BoE157lbsCornell
5Luke StanichRoxbury33-12nd NJ, 4th NJ120lbsLehigh
6Conor CollinsSouthern37-13rd NJ, 2nd NJ120lbsArmy
7Jared SchoppeDelsea40-22nd NJ, 5th NJ, 3rd Cadet Nationals175lbsLehigh
8Cross WasilewskiDelbarton36-53rd NJ, 2nd BoE, 4th PwrAde, 4th Cadet Ntls144lbsPenn
9Julian GeorgeChristians Brothers37-42nd NJ, 8th NJ, 3rd ETR, 3rd BoE138lbsWisconsin
10Michael DellagattaSt Joe’s Montvale37-43rd NJ, 4th NJ 2nd ETR, 5th PwrAde175lbsCornell
Mullen feels like the only sure thing on the next level in this class… wouldn’t be upset at all if he’s the only guy we got for the class

Mullen feels like the only sure thing on the next level in this class… wouldn’t be upset at all if he’s the only guy we got for the class
I think I can agree with that. It’s worth noting that none of these guys have committed to perennial powers like Penn State, Iowa, Ohio State, or OK St so maybe none of these schools view these kids all that highly. Unless you count Cornell.

I admire your optimism in the face of reality. Bill suggested it was between Rutgers, PSU, and Michigan. Think about that for a moment. It seems Rutgers is always in the running as a polite platitude. Casale is probably the best 285 hope if he can put on enough muscle weight.

• Haha
Reactions: Leonard23
I admire your optimism in the face of reality. Bill suggested it was between Rutgers, PSU, and Michigan. Think about that for a moment. It seems Rutgers is always in the running as a polite platitude. Casale is probably the best 285 hope if he can put on enough muscle weight.
If Mullen goes elsewhere we might as well just not get anyone in this class and go all out in 2024. Recruiting has become a joke.

Yes.. it stings we barely missed out on guys like Ferrari, Schultz, Beard.. but I like the direction we are in at least going for the big guns.. Casale is a more natural 197 so I think there’s a realistic chance his best friend comes here to train/college experience together.. if we don’t get Mullen then yeah Casale 285 n we save money for next big recruit.

If Mullen goes elsewhere we might as well just not get anyone in this class and go all out in 2024. Recruiting has become a joke.
Hold your horses, I think the transfer portal changed the game up a bit.. we saved money for a guy like Beard but came 2nd.. maybe if we don’t get Mullen then another transfer comes? What happened to the Monday news? And yeah worst case scenario, we get no one n go after the top 2024.. I like the idea of going for the hammers over a big class though..

Yes.. it stings we barely missed out on guys like Ferrari, Schultz, Beard.. but I like the direction we are in at least going for the big guns.. Casale is a more natural 197 so I think there’s a realistic chance his best friend comes here to train/college experience together.. if we don’t get Mullen then yeah Casale 285 n we save money for next big recruit.
In the best scenario (Mullen comes), Casale becomes a backup to Soldano.

The Cabanillas bros from DePaul were Scorpions kids like Vasquez and they are, or were, at Brown. I heard there was a possibility Vasquez ends up there. Who knows. Wondering if academics explain why he’s still not committed anywhere yet?
I'm hearing Princeton. I could be wrong. I wish his father wasn't pushing him away from Rutgers

Hold your horses, I think the transfer portal changed the game up a bit.. we saved money for a guy like Beard but came 2nd.. maybe if we don’t get Mullen then another transfer comes? What happened to the Monday news? And yeah worst case scenario, we get no one n go after the top 2024.. I like the idea of going for the hammers over a big class though..
I'm hearing Monday has academic issues. He can't get into ASU

His championships were at 160, 182, and 190. It makes more sense for him to put on muscle than cut. They shouldn't put the squeeze on Poz or force him to lose ten pounds. He doesn't need that stress.
Soldano is not a 197lber. Yes he won at 160, 182 and 190...But the only reason he went 190 is because New Jersey changed the weight classes, so he either had to go 175 or 190. He decided not to cut any weight and go 190. He went 182 at the Super 32 tournament prior to the the NJ wrestling season.

It's going to be interesting to see how Poz/Soldano is handled. Both are going to help each other and the room around them big time. Poz should def take advantage of his redshirt though. Unfortunately there is going to be an overlap, but I hope not.

It's going to be interesting to see how Poz/Soldano is handled. Both are going to help each other and the room around them big time. Poz should def take advantage of his redshirt though. Unfortunately there is going to be an overlap, but I hope not.
I so much don't want to see Poz join the "didn't pan out" club. I'm not convinced Rutgers wrestlers have benefited from redshirt years. However, I have no reliable information about what troubled him last year, so if he needs a rest, so be it. He's too great a talent to squander.

Soldano is not a 197lber. Yes he won at 160, 182 and 190...But the only reason he went 190 is because New Jersey changed the weight classes, so he either had to go 175 or 190. He decided not to cut any weight and go 190. He went 182 at the Super 32 tournament prior to the the NJ wrestling season.
It'll be a year later than when he went 182 for Super 32. If he's been developing physically, he should be stronger and heavier. Muscle adds weight. I hope he once again decides to not cut weight. If he's better than anyone else at 197, it would benefit the team to have him there and Poz at 184. With some luck, a revived Turley, Poz back to normal, and a tough and stronger Soldano would be a good 3-punch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT