ADVERTISEMENT

Recruitment question

R house

Redshirt
Dec 12, 2004
I know of a top NJ eighth grade player that currently wants to play for Rutgers in the future. His brother currently plays 1a basketball and his father played 1a football. I know it is still early in the process and he might not develop into a 1a player, but is there a way to bring this to the coaching staff’s attention. Showing him some love early may help land him if he becomes the player he is projected to be. He will be playing for one of the top HS programs in the state next year. I prefer not to mention his name on the message board. Does coach have an email or a way of passing this info on? I’m hoping it may be of use. Thank you

Reactions: Scangg
I could be wrong but if he's in the 8th grade there's nothing they can do. If he's in the 9th grade they can mail him the recruiting questionnaire and brochures about the school.

By "nothing they can do," I mean call or text him or go to his school and talk to him. They can certainly watch him play in an organized school event like practice or a game. Or watch him in an AAU game if he's playing with a travel team.

Reactions: 1coastalknight
I know of a top NJ eighth grade player that currently wants to play for Rutgers in the future. His brother currently plays 1a basketball and his father played 1a football. I know it is still early in the process and he might not develop into a 1a player, but is there a way to bring this to the coaching staff’s attention. Showing him some love early may help land him if he becomes the player he is projected to be. He will be playing for one of the top HS programs in the state next year. I prefer not to mention his name on the message board. Does coach have an email or a way of passing this info on? I’m hoping it may be of use. Thank you

Is he IN 8th grade NOW ….so in Sept. he'll be in 9th?

See Russ Wood's comments...but I think we have time!~

MO

No - NJ public schools year ends typically about 6/20.

I think public schools typically end around Memorial Day in Florida.
I really should know that, since I grew up in Maryland and remember getting out of school in June. I've been in Florida too long, I guess, and I think all schools end their year around Memorial Day.

Ever since I moved out of Gainesville and don't have to drive through a school zone anymore, the only time I think about school is when I'm going to a game lol

Reactions: Sideline20
I really should know that, since I grew up in Maryland and remember getting out of school in June. I've been in Florida too long, I guess, and I think all schools end their year around Memorial Day.

Ever since I moved out of Gainesville and don't have to drive through a school zone anymore, the only time I think about school is when I'm going to a game lol
On the flip side, being from Jersey, I'm still not used to my kids getting out of school in May

ADVERTISEMENT