ADVERTISEMENT

Red dot

R1766U

Senior
Jan 17, 2014
NJ
RedDot_0.jpg

Heard on the radio today.. NJ station.. that they are wearing red dots on their masks as a sign of wearing them under protest. Interesting idea.

Reactions: bac2therac
The national flag of Japan is a rectangular white banner bearing a crimson-red disc at its center. This flag is officially called Nisshōki (日章旗, the "flag of sun"), but is more commonly known in Japan as Hinomaru (日の丸, the "circle of the sun"). It embodies the country's sobriquet: Land of the Rising Sun.

1920px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png

Protesting wearing masks?
Well.. the people wearing a red dot sticker on their mask.. that would be few as we are talking about NJ 101.5's reach here. They are wearing the masks.. but under protest.

I'm thinking the Japanese flag is correct for the practice field video board. Could be seen from the visitors center.. and Rutgers probably has some guests from Japan today or whatever day that was taken. Perhaps for some corporate sponsorship or research agreement. Pretty common practice to run a flag up a pole to honor international guests.

Maybe it is to welcome a new crop of freshmen if Indian descent?

Special

....oh, oh, sorry, I thought this was the one word thread
Ya gotta admit, the one word thread has occupied a contingent of this board, and it’s fun watching them try to sway the agenda with only one word. No key board fights, or outwardly noticeable personal attacks either! Orderly radomness, heading to 3k in posts.

Reactions: RU205 and Jm0513
OK I don't like any of these explanations. Are DJ's on 101.5 really saying they protest the mandate to wear masks? Because that would be a horrible look for the station.

I see a lot of RU "celebrities" tweeting out the red dot. Something else is up with this.

I thought you were talking about a Red Dot scope. lol. I live in BLM Country.

I thought this was a reference to reloading your own shotgun shells with red dot powder since the nationwide ammunition shortage was in the nj.com news in the past few days

Last edited:
Reactions: LC-88 and GIB__RU
ADVERTISEMENT