ADVERTISEMENT

Remaining schedule

sammybb

All Conference
Jul 25, 2001
Ten games into the B10 schedule, the team is 3-7, which puts them tied for 10th with PSU. The remaining schedule:

@ Indiana (9-1)
Vs Wisconsin (2-7)
vs Purdue (5-5)
@ Iowa (8-1)
vs Northwestern (0-9)
@Wisconsin (2-7)
@Michigan (6-4)
vs Illinois (6-4)

I think there is a close to zero chance the team can win the road games at Indiana, Iowa, and Michigan. But I think they have at least a chance to win in the other 5 (with some where they should be favored).

No one really knew what the expectation were for this team coming into the year, but there was real fear they could be in the very basement of the B10. Coach Washington said from the beginning this was the foundation year, and they are certainly improving as the year goes on.

Reactions: MADHAT1
I am very impressed with what Coach Washington has done with the (very small) roster. It was an impossible situation and for her to take this challenge on and see some positive results in Year 1 took this longtime fan by surprise.

Kudos for the team improving and coming with energy every game regardless of the opponent. Hoping reinforcements are coming next season to build in this base.

Ten games into the B10 schedule, the team is 3-7, which puts them tied for 10th with PSU. The remaining schedule:

@ Indiana (9-1)
Vs Wisconsin (2-7)
vs Purdue (5-5)
@ Iowa (8-1)
vs Northwestern (0-9)
@Wisconsin (2-7)
@Michigan (6-4)
vs Illinois (6-4)

I think there is a close to zero chance the team can win the road games at Indiana, Iowa, and Michigan. But I think they have at least a chance to win in the other 5 (with some where they should be favored).

No one really knew what the expectation were for this team coming into the year, but there was real fear they could be in the very basement of the B10. Coach Washington said from the beginning this was the foundation year, and they are certainly improving as the year goes on.
No reason we can't take 3 of those games. 4 would be an over achievement IMO.

Coach Washington and staff brought in Kassondra Brown (8ppg, 6.4rpg); Kai Carter (7.6ppg, 4rpg) and Abby Streeter (3.8ppg, second on team in 3-pointers) as transfer, and kept the commitments of Bates and Smilke--who is in running to be B10 freshman of the year.

Coach Washington and staff brought in Kassondra Brown (8ppg, 6.4rpg); Kai Carter (7.6ppg, 4rpg) and Abby Streeter (3.8ppg, second on team in 3-pointers) as transfer, and kept the commitments of Bates and Smilke--who is in running to be B10 freshman of the year.
I am looking forward to seeing this staff’s ability to recruit. Abby and Kai were also recruited by the former staff. Washington kept their commitments. The only player she brought in was KB. I really like Coach Washington and this team!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT