ADVERTISEMENT

"Remote" Court Club Membership?

Botchie10

Redshirt
Nov 2, 2010
It may not be feasible, but like so many out of state RU alum and fans of the program, just wondering about the feasibility of a "remote" membership, i.e. Skype or GTM. At the very least, maybe just an audio feed from the podium (perhaps at a reduced fee). Would add dollars to the coffers, expand reach and enthusiasm, and allow folks such as myself to participate without asking if the meeting was secret. Just a thought.

I've got this one...

This is an age old topic of discussion for booster groups like ours. While the extra few bucks might be nice...

To allow for complete freedom of discussion, we've long been discouraged from broadcasting or taping any meeting or event for somewhat obvious reasons.

Heaven forbid something slips out that might be controversial or hint at anything sniffing of a NCAA violation...That's not a position I want to be in, or want the program to be in.

And honestly, to do this would water down the in person experience for those who attend our meetings, making what goes on akin to a glorified press conference and removing the conversational fangs from our gatherings.

I always encourage full discussion of what goes on after the fact, and that won't change anytime soon.

In today's need to know now Twitter-verse, some things just need to be a little more old school than others...I think we still fit that description. Keeping our program's integrity in tact is very important to me.

I've got this one...

This is an age old topic of discussion for booster groups like ours. While the extra few bucks might be nice...

To allow for complete freedom of discussion, we've long been discouraged from broadcasting or taping any meeting or event for somewhat obvious reasons.

Heaven forbid something slips out that might be controversial or hint at anything sniffing of a NCAA violation...That's not a position I want to be in, or want the program to be in.

And honestly, to do this would water down the in person experience for those who attend our meetings, making what goes on akin to a glorified press conference and removing the conversational fangs from our gatherings.

I always encourage full discussion of what goes on after the fact, and that won't change anytime soon.

In today's need to know now Twitter-verse, some things just need to be a little more old school than others...I think we still fit that description. Keeping our program's integrity in tact is very important to me.

Thanks BK - makes sense.

Reactions: Scangg
No worries my friend! We haven't given up on trying to reach those fans outside the RU area....

If there is a compromise to be made or another solution to encourage more membership from both here at home and across the globe...I'd definitely be open to exploring it!

While on the topic of remote fans, I just moved to San Diego. Anyone know if there is a Rutgers bar here for games?

I've got this one...

Pretty sure the TD Club feels the same way you do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT