ADVERTISEMENT

RHJ - NBA Combine

I would think that's a negative if guys were passing up obvious passes for teammates in better position to score. Yes, you want to show you can create on your own too, but the best NBA teams still have to play like TEAMS.
Did you watch any of the games? It was literally like an AAU tryout. Whoever grabbed the rebound for the most part took the shot unless there was a clear highlight reel pass for an glamouring assist. It was an up and down style across the board featuring individual skills. Lots of turnovers.

I love Ron but the second game I don’t think the +/- in the second game meant very much. It was annoying to watch actually as nobody passed him the ball. Nothing he could really do about it.
They said on the broadcast that teams don't really care about scoring in that game, they know everyone at the combine can score in some capacity, they want to see guys do the other things, rebound, defend, make smart plays, move the ball to the open guy.

Did you watch any of the games? It was literally like an AAU tryout. Whoever grabbed the rebound for the most part took the shot unless there was a clear highlight reel pass for an glamouring assist. It was an up and down style across the board featuring individual skills. Lots of turnovers.
Nope, haven't watched a second of combine stuff. I wish Ron all the best but don't care enough about the NBA in general to watch it. I also am watching none of the playoffs.

Reactions: RUHouston
if we can get RU #s to chime in with more links for "research" it would be appreciated

Reactions: DirtyRU
They said on the broadcast that teams don't really care about scoring in that game, they know everyone at the combine can score in some capacity, they want to see guys do the other things, rebound, defend, make smart plays, move the ball to the open guy.
There was no moving the ball to the open guy in half court sets. There was no team defense. If anything it was about trying to make a play that really stood out. Not much more from what I saw.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT