ADVERTISEMENT

RHoops will travel to....

Sorry think that is bullcrap. Do the Johnnies get the home game?

Wasn't trying to get on you Richard. But RU played Wake home in Big Ten-Acc game. If Rutgers plays in that next year they will be sent on the road. Sorry not fair.

Art / Shill - agree with you both......at least it's a "winnable" game.....

Agree with above it is a joke, because if we are in Big Ten-ACC challenge we will be on the road since we had Wake at home.

listen isnt it better to get the home games when the program has reestablished itself and can be competitive with a decent program...RU is matched up with De Paul which is a Big East bottom feeder...when we play the next time, RU will be at home and get a better opponent, maybe not play in it the following year but we will get home games in the future and Id rather have them then when its more meaningful than next year

Last edited:
I will be very surprised if any other team in the Gavitt games has to play a road game in 2 consecutive seasons.

The point is we played a road game last year and we should be playing at home now. And with new coaching staff I think attendance will be better.

Another confirmation of Doormat/Irrelevant University status. Needs to end. Question for next Court Club meeting with coach and AD.

I'd say our out of conference schedule that we thought we knew may change with the new staff in place...

Originally we heard of a early tournament like Garden State Games? Who knows if this will happen now...also, Miss State was a start of home and home, SHU of course...DePaul now, and then ACC match up you'd think at BC..

Just no more D2 and D3 games please..

Reactions: Scangg
The snub might not have been intentional but we are the only team (I just checked) that is on the road 2 years in a row. Here are the 2016 games as well as the 2015.

Md. @ Georgetown
Nova @Purdue
SHU @Iowa
RU @ DePaul
NW @ Butler
Prov. @ Ohio St.
SJU @ Minn.
Wisc. @ Creighton

2015 games

Georgetown @ Maryland
DePaul @ Penn State
Nebraska @Nova
Illinois @ Providence
Creighton @Indiana
Iowa @ Marquette
RU @ St. John's
Xavier @ Michigan

I'm hoping we play at Georgia Tech, not at BC, in the B1G-ACC challenge. They will have a new coach and quite a few new players as well.
Oh, did I mention it's a 20 minute drive for me.

until RU proves it can draw more than 3500 fans to a game before January than it really cant complain too much, not that the crowd will be big at De Paul either
Combined, I don't think RU and DePaul draw 3,500 fans to pre conference games....:)

There were other things that could have been done. Md. is playing GT again with the site reversed. We could have played St. John's again with the game at RU this time. Minnesota could have played at DePaul. I don't see where that would have been too difficult to figure out. RU & the Johnnies were both in the cellar of their leagues. DePaul & Minnesota were both next to last. That would have made more sense to me.
We also could have been left out until next season. Maryland & RU are the only two BIG10 teams to participate in the first two years. It just doesn't add up to me but it is what it is.

How long has it been since Rutgers played some games in the Summer in a foreign country ?

That is good, that was my problem to play in both tournaments on the road.

Where did this "tournament" come from? I didn't realize that when we played at SJU last season it was part of a tournament. I expected a return visit from them this season.

Why would the B1G allow itself to get tied into something with the NNBE? The ACC I can see. The SEC or B12 I could understand. But this makes no sense to me. If the desire was to cultivate some geographic rivalries, then it would make sense but if that were the case, SJU would be visiting the RAC next season, a la the UMd - GT home and home. DePaul - Illinois or DePaul - NW (if they don't already play) would make sense but not RU - DePaul. That was never a rivalry when we were in the NBE.

Where did this "tournament" come from? I didn't realize that when we played at SJU last season it was part of a tournament. I expected a return visit from them this season.

Why would the B1G allow itself to get tied into something with the NNBE? The ACC I can see. The SEC or B12 I could understand. But this makes no sense to me. If the desire was to cultivate some geographic rivalries, then it would make sense but if that were the case, SJU would be visiting the RAC next season, a la the UMd - GT home and home. DePaul - Illinois or DePaul - NW (if they don't already play) would make sense but not RU - DePaul. That was never a rivalry when we were in the NBE.
Surprised me as well ...

I believe that in the first year of the Gavitt Games, the two conferences wanted regional rivalry games where possible.

Maryland and Georgetown used to play every season until a dispute over the location of the next game arose.

In order to get them to agree to play there had to be two games with the first game at Maryland.

ADVERTISEMENT