RIP Teddy Field

MrsScrew

Heisman Winner
Sep 27, 2006
NJ
The former Rutgers commit. Dead at 22

The former Rutgers commit. Dead at 22

Yikes. RIP.

I'm interested in more details from this story. Glen Mills isn't a rough neighborhood, at least it doesn't seem that way when I visit.

Damn, there was a lot of excitement on this board and around RU about him potentially committing here.

I remember seeing him at the spring game, walking around on the field, taking pictures with people in his big overalls.

He seems like a real nice kid. Seemed excited to be at RU and loved interacting with the fans. RIP.

Teddy was great with the fans at the tailgates. Tragic shame his life cut so short. RIP Ted.

13662154_10209090307590925_2855543953291325351_o.jpg

The nearby Glen Mills School fielded formidable football teams for many years. It is what long-ago was called a reform school.

The whole story around his not coming to RU was just strange.
Didn't it all sort of boil down to Flood got him to commit and then essentially blew him off for a few months? He'd show up on campus for recruiting weekends but because he was already supposedly in the fold Flood was waaaaay too busy (trying to score Counting Crows tickets probably) to give him any attention? That (rightfully) rubbed him and his folks the wrong way.

Could be wrong but that's how I remember the story going down.

Didn't it all sort of boil down to Flood got him to commit and then essentially blew him off for a few months? He'd show up on campus for recruiting weekends but because he was already supposedly in the fold Flood was waaaaay too busy (trying to score Counting Crows tickets probably) to give him any attention? That (rightfully) rubbed him and his folks the wrong way.

Could be wrong but that's how I remember the story going down.
It isn't correct but neither here or there...tragic story and my heart to his family. I used to speak with his Dad quite often.

He used to walk around the lower concourse at games and high five hundreds of fans. The guy had a lot of positive energy. Really tragic.

Reactions: cicero grimes
Teddy was great with the fans at the tailgates. Tragic shame his life cut so short. RIP Ted.

I have a similar photograph from the monsoon Wisconsin game. He and his dad were walking around the Blue Lot saying hi to everyone and posing for photos.

Reactions: cicero grimes

Yup, always remember the overalls and the smile! I was bummed when he decommitted- I always thought he would have been fun to root for.

Why did he decommit and not come to RU? Was it Flood?

Awful tragedy, RIP!

Big time loss for his family. Did he eventually play college ball? Where?

Sad . RIP Teddy, my condolences to his family and all that knew and cared for him.

Big time loss for his family. Did he eventually play college ball? Where?
He was at Georgia State, or Georgia SOuthern or something. He got into a fight with the coaches and he was kicked out. His twitter showed he was very troubled.

RIP. Sorry for the loss.

Thanks for posting this Mrs, Screw. Met him a few times as he sat in my section. always with his trademark overalls. Very personable and approachable and always enthusiastic about RU. Rest n Peace.

ADVERTISEMENT