ADVERTISEMENT

RIP to one of the best & most famous Rutgers fans

MrsScrew

Heisman Winner
Sep 27, 2006
NJ
Scarlet passed over the Rainbow Bridge Christmas Eve. She will be missed by all.

Condolences to WhiteBus.

RIP Scarlet! The most chill dog I have ever met, a true gentle giant! Scarlet will be missed! Btw, Paul tried his best to get the attention of everyone with his awesome sport coats but Scarlet always stole the show! Scarlet wins tailgater of the year for eternity! Best in Show!

FB_IMG_1545994239226_zpsf5qkouad.jpg

Last edited:
Scarlet passed over the Rainbow Bridge Christmas Eve. She will be missed by all.

RIP Scarlet! The most chill dog I have ever met, a true gentle giant! Scarlet will be missed! Btw, Paul tried his best to get the attention of everyone with his awesome sport coats but Scarlet always stole the show! Scarlet wins tailgater of the year for eternity! Best in Show!

FB_IMG_1545994239226_zpsf5qkouad.jpg
Rest in Peace! So sorry for your loss!

By the looks of her face, it looks like she lived a long, happy life. RIP.

Rest in Peace! So sorry for your loss!

Scarlet was not my dog, she belongs to WhiteBus. She was, however, as famous as the Scarlet Knight himself. WhiteBus used to joke that he would give $100 to any new person that came up to him and knew Scarlet's name as well as his. He got to keep his $100. Everyone knew Scarlet but no one knew WhiteBus.

@B0ski she was 12 years and 2 months. average life expectancy for a great dane is 8 years or so. She lived a very good long life.

Condolences @WhiteBus. Losing one's faithful friend is tough and I know I'm going to be a mess when it's time for my big buddy Rawley to go.

Reactions: WhiteBus
My favorite poem to honor the life of a beloved dog is below.

the writing below is from the book
FOR EVERY DOG AN ANGEL

Whenever a puppy is born on earth, a guardian angel waits nearby to welcome
the puppy into the world and take it under her heavenly wings.
The guardian angel makes herself very small and snuggles in close to the soft, warm fur, telling her puppy how much it is loved and that it has come into the world for a special purpose. Even though the puppy's eyes are closed, it feels the fluttering wings by its heart and knows its guardian angel is there.

All puppies come into the world with unique gifts. As time passes and the puppy grows, the guardian angel helps her puppy to understand what makes it so very special. Whether they are destined to become fast runners, soulful singers or peaceful sleepers, each puppy is perfect and the angel loves it just the way it is.

The day comes when the puppy must go into the world and start traveling down
its own special path. Sometimes, the path leads to a loving home, where a family is waiting to take their new four-legged friend into their hearts. And the guardian angel is happy, knowing her dog will always have friends to play with, bones to chew on and someone to cuddle up next to at night.

Angels like to visit when their dogs are dreaming. You may have seen a dog's paw moving while it is asleep. Perhaps it is on a high hill in a faraway place, dancing with its guardian angel. All dogs bring the gift of love to the world. In that way they are very much like angels. Dogs will share their love with anyone. They don't ask for anything in return. But if someone takes a moment to scratch a dog under its chin or tell a dog how special it is, you can be sure its guardian angel is smiling.

From time to time, when a certain person and a certain dog meet, something
happens that is just like magic! It is as if they have known each other before. Each knows what the other is thinking and feeling. They will be together always. And the two with love, knowing their dog has found its forever person and the person has found its forever dog.

A forever person and their forever dog will share many experiences over a lifetime, like listening to favorite stories and taking vacations together. They will watch hundreds of sunsets from up on the hill.

But the greatest gift these friends will share is knowing what is in the other's heart. Side by side, looking up at the sky on a starry night, a forever person and their forever dog will share all the secret hopes and dreams that are only told to a very best friend.

A dog can never really be separated from its forever person. Neither time nor space can ever come between them. So when the dog comes to the end of its earthly life, and must go on ahead without its person beside them, the guardian angel becomes a loving bridge that connects the two friends for as long as the person remains on earth.

Sometimes dogs will cross the angel bridge and visit the earth while they are waiting for their forever person to join them. You can never be certain where they might turn up. You may feel four paws padding along next to you when you are in the park. Listen carefully, and you might hear a familiar voice joining in when you go holiday caroling. So if you see the blanket rumple softly after you've curled up for an afternoon nap, it's every possible your forever dog has come back to visit and is napping beside you.

Nothing brings your forever dog more joy than knowing you are happy, even if that means bringing a new dog companion into your life. Your forever dog lovingly remembers the special place it had in your life on earth, and is delighted to know another dog will get to share all the love you have to offer.

Your forever dog may even come back and help your new dog discover the best
spots for burying bones and show them where to watch for your return at the
end of the day. So don't be surprised to see your new dog racing through
the house as if it's playing with an invisible friend....it probably is.

As the years go by you and your dog may find yourselves going more slowly as
you take your daily walks. The time may come when your dog leaves your side
and crosses the bridge to be with your forever dog. In fact, there may be many animals who will share your life during the time you are here on earth. One day, the angel bridge that your forever dog crossed so many years earlier will appear to you. And with the happy heart of a person who is going home, you will cross the bridge and find yourself welcomed by all the animal friends you made when you were on earth.

In the middle of all that love, your forever dog will be waiting for you. It will be like the day you found each other on earth. You will know you have been together before, and nothing will ever separate you again. And the angels will be happy, knowing a forever person and their forever dog have found each other once more.

@WhiteBus bless you and Scarlet. There are no words except that Scarlet will always be with you. And when you have moments where you can feel Scarlet talking to you or the feel of his body, that means Scarlet is with you and never ignore it.
Dogs are family and I feel your loss.

Sorry for your loss Bus! Even people who didn't know you personally knew of your love for Scarlet through this Board.

Obviously I don't post too much ( understatement),but I have to offer my condolences to white bus. A high point of our tailgate in the Yellow lot was when white bus would stop by to Share a Fuentes and more importantly to Share Scarlet with our group! So so sorry for your loss.

So sorry to hear the news @WhiteBus . May Scarlet RIP. Another loyal fan that will be greatly missed by many.

I changed my avatar to include a photo of our former Rutgers fan who died almost 3 years ago...Cleo. This is in honor of Scarlet who was the most loyal fan of all.

Last edited:
My Condolences , WhiteBus.
Know you must be hurting over the loss of Scarlet.
RIP Scarlet!

Thank you all for your condolences and love. Scarlet was a special dog who loved to socialize at tailgates. Truely one of a kind. As we walked through the stadium lots for the last 12 years she was my instant invite to say hello. It became a routine with the early birds every game. After a short rest than it was back up and over to the Scarlet Walk. Named after her of course [winking]
Anyway, I appreciate the support. She will be missed.

Thank you all for your condolences and love. Scarlet was a special dog who loved to socialize at tailgates. Truely one of a kind. As we walked through the stadium lots for the last 12 years she was my instant invite to say hello. It became a routine with the early birds every game. After a short rest than it was back up and over to the Scarlet Walk. Named after her of course [winking]
Anyway, I appreciate the support. She will be missed.

Sorry for your loss, WB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT