ADVERTISEMENT

Rivals "top surprises for 2018" link

The culture has indeed changed as we have found the right leader of our BB program. Looking forward to this season ...can't wait for CCNY game!!

OK, two 3's, a 4 and Harper, who seems to have suddenly gotten lots of attention. "Underrated", meaning no stars--yet. Seem to remember many posters complaining about the 2016-17 class and saying it should have been better. And saying, OK, why should good players commit, given our record the past decade, with us becoming a punch line and getting awful press. We have to make some progress, give some good players some hope that they can turn things around here. Well, last year's team played hard, got some buzz from the commentators on B1G TV, and now we have a big recruiting class. Two and two are still four, and there are no shortcuts unless you pay the players under the table. Show progress and this staff can recruit. Not too long until winter.
TL

Reactions: drewbagel423
We had way too many posters doubting and criticizing Coach P and our staff that they couldn't get guys to come to RU. Many ripped him for last year when he wasn't even hired until mid to late March of 2016 when most of the outstanding players had already committed to other schools. Some were saying he would never get it done. Others said this is the same old RU. I am so glad that I met him early and have had such faith in him. I firmly believe that he is the man to get us back to the dance. Miracles do not happen in a day or a year.People need to show patience. He and his staff are working magic with our team. Myself as a follower of RU B-Ball for 46 years am enjoying every step of the way.

I didn't rip Pikell but questioned the hire from that league especially when comparing him to Will Brown who seemed to get to the dance more while Coach Pikell would win tournaments but lose in the conference tournament. Was a Sendek guy. But now fully onboard. Love the guy! I also think this is an outstanding staff - the best since the Van Gundy - Jordan staff. If we can somehow keep them together another couple of years we can do somethings!

Reactions: LC-88
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT