ADVERTISEMENT

Road game vs. Michigan at MSG

If Michigan gets first crack at tickets, their fans will make it a home game for them.

If Michigan gets first crack at tickets, their fans will make it a home game for them.

Michigan isn’t bringing 10000-12000 to the garden for a January basketball game

They are a strong program ..but not that strong

But if we do our part ...there could be 20,000 in the house for Rutgers basketball in the garden in January

Last edited:
Michigan isn’t bringing 10000-12000 to the garden for a January basketball game

They are a strong program ..but not that strong

But if we do our part ...there could be 20,000 in the house for Rutgers basksbraml in the garden in January

I dunno we played Wisconsin a couple years ago in January and they easily outnumbered us in fans. Don’t underestimate the NYC alumni base and the local bandwagoners....UM has a much larger following than Wisconsin.

If this is an away game for us I’m hoping it’s a 50/50 split. But we as a Rutgers fanabase need to start doing our part as a whole when these midwestern teams come right to our backyard.....especially for a program that is on the rise. This should be 75/25 Rutgers fans.

I’ll be making the 2 hour trip to the game I know that.

I dunno we played Wisconsin a couple years ago in January and they easily outnumbered us in fans. Don’t underestimate the NYC alumni base and the local bandwagoners....UM has a much larger following than Wisconsin.

If this is an away game for us I’m hoping it’s a 50/50 split. But we as a Rutgers fanabase need to start doing our part as a whole when these midwestern teams come right to our backyard.....especially for a program that is on the rise. This should be 75/25 Rutgers fans.

I’ll be making the 2 hour trip to the game I know that.

We have hope now...different than year one of pike

Rutgers,please run buses to the games. Don’t want to drive in and pay rip off parking and bridge tolls.

Reactions: Scangg
Very happy it's a "road" game for us. Could help with RPI / SOS etc if we win.

I think Heaven wants a bus from the RAC direct to MSG, rather than a bus to Port Authority.

I'm guessing that the trains from New Brunswick will be filled with RU fans like in the NIT semis and finals all those years ago, especially if the team is having a decent year. It could be a lot of fun packing the Garden.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Or take a NJ Transit bus.
We no. It would stop a hundred times and suck. I Rutgers bus would be fun but take the train to Penn

If we want to be a legit Big Ten fan base we need to go to the Garden in droves for this game
This

But a train right to MSG is not OK?
Train yes NJ bus no

This is great. I always take the train to Penn Station when I go to NYC. It is the best way for me to go and I always enjoy it.
This

You mean like they did one about 2000 of them showed up to the NIT final as opposed to our 17,000 or so? With the trans having equal opportunity at the tickets?

To be fair you only get about 2 days notice for an NIT final and nobody gives a rats behind about the NIT. At least for this event people can plan months in advance (though not that anyone will care that much).

Reactions: NJDOVES
To be fair you only get about 2 days notice for an NIT final and nobody gives a rats behind about the NIT. At least for this event people can plan months in advance (though not that anyone will care that much).

I know I know lol

In all of the schedule talk, it's rare that you get a tournament type of game in mid season on a neutral court and literally dont have to travel far. I would think it would be wrestling 1st then hoops with 1 event ticket covering both events. It doesn't require a huge change like ice rink to court.

I think it could be an all day event vs 2 separate tickets for events. Make it one ticket sale, if possible for both events.

Well, you’re wrong on this but it’s not worth arguing. I can board a NJ Transit bus in my town (in Middlesex County) that travels non stop to New York City.
For you maybe. I lived in Bergen county and took a bus to NYC once or twice only bc it was so terrible. It stopped countless times and took for freaking everrrr. Take the train.

ADVERTISEMENT