ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic Sports Rob Hinson added to RFootball staff

Richie O

Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
PISCATAWAY, N.J. (March 9, 2020) – Rutgers football head coach Greg Schiano announced that Rob Hinson will join the Scarlet Knights staff. Hinson, who served as the head coach at Timber Creek high school for the previous 14 seasons, was named Player Personnel Assistant.

“Rob is a tremendous leader of young men and we are excited to have him join the Rutgers football family,” said Schiano. “Rob and I have known each other for over a decade and his love for teaching and developing his players has always been evident. I look forward to having him in the program and preparing our players for life on and off the field.”

In his 14 seasons at the helm of the Timber Creek program, Hinson guided the Chargers to over 100 career victories. He led the team to four sectional titles and seven championship appearances dating back to 2009. Timber Creek won back-to-back South Jersey Group 4 titles in 2015 and 2016, as well as South Jersey Group 3 championships in 2011 and Group 4 in 2012.

Timber Creek completed the 2019 season with a 7-4 overall record, advancing to the semifinal round of the Group 3 bracket in the NJSIAA Tournament. Prior to taking over the Timber Creek program, Hinson spent one season as head coach at Salem. He was inducted into the South Jersey Football Coaches Association Hall of Fame in 2018.

In addition to leading his high school program, Hinson also served as the head coach of the USA Football U-19 team. He was the defensive coordinator for USA Football for two seasons, coaching the U-19 team in 2018 and U-18 in 2019.

A 25-year veteran of the United States Air Force, Hinson retired as Master Sergeant in 2016. He earned his bachelor’s degree from Rutgers University (Camden) and a master’s degree at Wilmington University.

What's up with RU can't Recruit Timber Creek for 2 years. They have a lot of talent at timber creek. Sucks we can tap into that pipeline for 2 years but i'm confident of GREG'S PLAN! :Eyes: :See:

What's up with RU can't Recruit Timber Creek for 2 years. They have a lot of talent at timber creek. Sucks we can tap into that pipeline for 2 years but i'm confident of GREG'S PLAN! :Eyes: :See:

We need a class action suit to reinstate the civil rights that have been irreparably damaged by this needless, capricious and anti RU prohibition!

MO

PISCATAWAY, N.J. (March 9, 2020) – Rutgers football head coach Greg Schiano announced that Rob Hinson will join the Scarlet Knights staff. Hinson, who served as the head coach at Timber Creek high school for the previous 14 seasons, was named Player Personnel Assistant.

“Rob is a tremendous leader of young men and we are excited to have him join the Rutgers football family,” said Schiano. “Rob and I have known each other for over a decade and his love for teaching and developing his players has always been evident. I look forward to having him in the program and preparing our players for life on and off the field.”

In his 14 seasons at the helm of the Timber Creek program, Hinson guided the Chargers to over 100 career victories. He led the team to four sectional titles and seven championship appearances dating back to 2009. Timber Creek won back-to-back South Jersey Group 4 titles in 2015 and 2016, as well as South Jersey Group 3 championships in 2011 and Group 4 in 2012.

Timber Creek completed the 2019 season with a 7-4 overall record, advancing to the semifinal round of the Group 3 bracket in the NJSIAA Tournament. Prior to taking over the Timber Creek program, Hinson spent one season as head coach at Salem. He was inducted into the South Jersey Football Coaches Association Hall of Fame in 2018.

In addition to leading his high school program, Hinson also served as the head coach of the USA Football U-19 team. He was the defensive coordinator for USA Football for two seasons, coaching the U-19 team in 2018 and U-18 in 2019.

A 25-year veteran of the United States Air Force, Hinson retired as Master Sergeant in 2016. He earned his bachelor’s degree from Rutgers University (Camden) and a master’s degree at Wilmington University.
About time. Been calling for this the last 3 or 4 years. This should put Donovan Leary in play if Schiano want him badly.

QB Donovan Leary comes up 2022 and could be 4* that class.

Greg knows that he needs to hand the keys to the program to south jersey for now.

that’s the only thing that will get the north truly engaged and ultimately getting their top guy to stay home every year

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
I don’t know much , but I do know that one of the stages in our program’s progression will be when Rutgers -central jersey - becomes a battleground for south and north jersey players and coaches to prove themselves. After we gain eachother's respect, then we can come together and take another step.

Seriously - Greg ain’t messing around this time. A smart guy got even smarter

Last edited:
Schiano 2.0 playing chess with these moves. South Jersey for the most part in college football is a completely untapped resource. You might have a few Nitwit, or ND fans or even something rarer than Bigfoot in a Temple fan in South Jersey, but for the most part it's untapped as far as college football fandom goes. Schiano can turn the part of the state South of 195 completely scarlet if he wins early with a large portion of South Jersey recruits. Next stop is being able to buy Block R's on cars at Wawa.

Schiano 2.0 playing chess with these moves. South Jersey for the most part in college football is a completely untapped resource. You might have a few Nitwit, or ND fans or even something rarer than Bigfoot in a Temple fan in South Jersey, but for the most part it's untapped as far as college football fandom goes. Schiano can turn the part of the state South of 195 completely scarlet if he wins early with a large portion of South Jersey recruits. Next stop is being able to buy Block R's on cars at Wawa.
Ehhh... You might as well call the area below Exit 6 Penn State Annex. But what Schiano has done so far in the last 2 months getting Coach Brown and now Hinson will go a long way in breaking through South Jersey and claim that area.

Suddenly we may see some kids move in with their Aunts and Uncles in the Triton and Highland districts :)

Reactions: tico brown
Been saying this forever, Rutgers marketing needs to get FREE magnets available at Shop Rites, Wawas, Quick Checks, sporting goods stores, sports bars and restaurants, state parks, motor vehicle offices, etc. Having the Free magnet locations in all 21 counties is a start, but many of those locations are off the usual path for New Jerseyans in their daily life.

I lived in Washington Township down there in the 80's. Timber Creek. Winslow..Highland Regional. Blackwood. Williamstown. Shawnee. Cherokee. Lenape. Camden and Wilson. Millville. Vineland. Rancocas Valley in Mt. Holly. Willingboro. Pennsaucken. The Burlington's. Palmyra. Paulsboro. Glassboro. Penns Grove.Deptford..Salem.If we can't find skill position guys down there then we won't find them anywhere.

Reactions: beaced
I lived in Washington Township down there in the 80's. Timber Creek. Winslow..Highland Regional. Blackwood. Williamstown. Shawnee. Cherokee. Lenape. Camden and Wilson. Millville. Vineland. Rancocas Valley in Mt. Holly. Willingboro. Pennsaucken. The Burlington's. Palmyra. Paulsboro. Glassboro. Penns Grove.Deptford..Salem.If we can't find skill position guys down there then we won't find them anywhere.
Cedar Creek, Holy Spirit, St Joe's Hammonton, St Augustine, Haddonfield, West Deptford, Woodstown, Williamstown, Collingswood, etc

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I almost forgot Hinson was brought into the staff. He making an impact on the recruiting trail yet?

Reactions: Greg2020
Is it me or is Schiano hitting South Jersey harder than he did his first time? Either way it's a great thing since theres great, underrated talent down there. And it would also put a big dent into State Penns claws in South Jersey.

Fran Brown is hitting South Jersey harder than anyone else previously.

Reactions: Greg2020
ADVERTISEMENT