ADVERTISEMENT

Rob Koll leaves Cornell to take Stanford HC job 😲😲😲😲

Cornell takes a huge hit...Koll was a master of bringing in so many top recruits every year...They will Never be the same..Grey will have some early great years with all of Kolls great recruits but it won't last long..How Happy is Princeton? Princeton coach will run circles around Mike Grey who was highly rated because he was on Rob Koll staff but has a personality less then Chris Ash! Watch how fast their recruiting suffers

Last edited:
Cornell takes a huge hit...Koll was a master of bringing in so many top recruits every year...They will Never be the same..Grey will have some great years with all of Kolls great recruits but it won't last long..How Happy is Princeton? Princeton coach will run circles around Mike Grey who was highly rated because he was on Rob Koll staff but has a personality less then Chris Ash!
I'm not so sure, as Grey was responsible for recruiting some of Cornell's top recruits who will likely now stay there. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Reactions: obrats
I think we all know by now that Goodale is going to retire in a couple years or move into an administrative position and Donnie's going to take over

Would Coach Goodale be something like Director of Wrestling Operations or something within the broader Rutgers Athletic Department ?

I should qualify my statement in that he never stated anything to me about stepping down. He gives his assistants great latitude in running phases of practices and being in the chair coaching certain kids. Don’t forget he was in his mid 30’s when he became HC of RU!

Reactions: Leonard23
Yeah, 1 or 2 posters on here continue to perpetuate these rumors without any basis in reality.
Yeah Goodale is like 6-7 years younger than Tom Brands and John Smith. I’m sure there’s guys even older than them.

Wng, I have read this several times here on this board and thought the people saying it knew what they were talking about.

First of all, when Scott is done coaching or has had enough, an administrative university job is not in his interests. When he is done, he is done. I have no idea where all that started but it has zero chance of happening.
You also said a couple years ago that Cory Cooperman wasn't going anywhere, Scott and Leo got on there with Cooperman, and swore up and down that he was staying. A week later he was gone. You said Frank the Tank Molinaro was a solid recruiter for Rutgers, and was the future of the team. Lo and behold half of the wrestlers couldn't stand him and he was gone the following year. You also jumped on the "Camp isnt coming bandwagon", and he was on campus 6 months later. Bill I know you have to stay neutral, but there's no way that Donnie will stay as an associate head coach, when Scott decides if and when he wants to retire.

All I said and stand by is he will NOT take a bumped up administrative role at RU when he decides to quit coaching. Whether that is 2023 or 2033 I are he has no idea.

You also said a couple years ago that Cory Cooperman wasn't going anywhere, Scott and Leo got on there with Cooperman, and swore up and down that he was staying. A week later he was gone. You said Frank the Tank Molinaro was a solid recruiter for Rutgers, and was the future of the team. Lo and behold half of the wrestlers couldn't stand him and he was gone the following year. You also jumped on the "Camp isnt coming bandwagon", and he was on campus 6 months later. Bill I know you have to stay neutral, but there's no way that Donnie will stay as an associate head coach, when Scott decides if and when he wants to retire.
You have absolutely no clue and for you to say theres no way Pritzlaff will not stay as an Associate Head Coach is just stupid (IMO)..He's been offered other Big time HC jobs...He'll be at RU until Goodale steps down and he takes over...Bank it!

Last edited:
Reactions: TRU2RU
Hilarious that you of all people are calling out Bill for being wrong

That is OK SCNJ. I have a thick Mediterranean skin so that does not bother me. Crackers has the right to criticize me if I said those things. Honestly I did not remember saying them but I am very happy my fact checker is there to correct me. As I approach 80 in a few months I want to make sure my facts are straight!

That is OK SCNJ. I have a thick Mediterranean skin so that does not bother me. Crackers has the right to criticize me if I said those things. Honestly I did not remember saying them but I am very happy my fact checker is there to correct me. As I approach 80 in a few months I want to make sure my facts are straight!
Good for you, Bill. The thing about opinions and predictions is that they can be wrong; that's why opinions and predictions aren't called facts. The danger here comes when the opinions are different from the intellectually and emotionally immature among us.

If Pritzlaff gets a better offer than UMD, he'll jump. Only way to secure his service at RU is for him to become the HC before other big wrestling program give him the offer he cannot refuse. I just don't buy others saying he'll be loyal to RU until it is his turn. And I'm not saying Pritzlaff is the savior nor he's the best we can do.

You know that for a fact? He’ll leave for any school better than maryland?

Of course there is always that Godfather offer that one can’t refuse of a Head Coaching position. But it would have to be special for him to leave and especially to have to relocate. His kids are young and loving their school life in Westfield. He has a very lovely house and great wife who has a lifestyle she loves and he makes good money and gets to do pretty much everything he wants. The only thing he lacks is the title!

You know that for a fact? He’ll leave for any school better than maryland?
How much that gets posted here is fact? I'd guess that 90% is opinion. One person's opinion is that Donnie will never leave, another person thinks he would. Next time someone predicts a Rutgers win, will you ask if they know that as fact? This is all about sharing opinions and predictions and should be without people blowing gaskets.

Will Donnie stick around for another ## years? Donnie himself might not know the answer to that question. Many people accept jobs for the sake of their careers, even when the job may require relocation. It's a normal and common consideration for any professional. Quite often it's money that talks; sometimes it's ego. Will Ashnault wait for his turn or consider offers after getting some experience? It will always be a question... And Bill might not know the answer.

We're in a new era of free agency for student athletes and coaches. Each year, you put together a roster and lineup, send them out, and figure it all out again for the next season. If you're 8 or 80, you simply enjoy the ride and the company that thankfully comes with it. $$$$

Reactions: DUForever
Pessimistically is correct. I don’t know whether he stays or leaves. Only from putting the pieces of his personal puzzle together do I offer my opinion. There is a lot to keep him her for a few years. Hopefully it outweighs any substantial offer. He is a gentleman and friend I will always admire regardless of where he is.

Reactions: scottsdaleal
Lol...wow..you pose as a 15 year grad student earlier this years to try and get anyone to listen to you......you lie about being in the RAC when you challenged two parents in the parking lot ...you think you were a prolific wrestler yet nobody knows you or cares who you are and who aren’t who you will pretend to be next .....yet you call out WNG for statements he made ...you got some nerve ..Bill has more class in his pinky finger then you have in your whole body ..go back to your trailer in Hicksville USA because nobody cares what a nobody like you says or thinks ....

Reactions: gogs7
My man Harley
That is OK sir. There were reasons behind those departures which Crackers does not know but I do and circumstances changed from when I said what I supposedly said until they both left. That will remain between me and myself. Can’t wait till we can be matside at the RAC

Reactions: DUForever
My man Harley
That is OK sir. There were reasons behind those departures which Crackers does not know but I do and circumstances changed from when I said what I supposedly said until they both left. That will remain between me and myself. Can’t wait till we can be matside at the RAC
Hey things change ..sometimes financial reasons change stuff ..we all know that ..but to call you out because something changed is ridiculous especially from that idiot ...that all I was sayin ...hope to see you next season courtside for sure ..have a great summer

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT