ADVERTISEMENT

Rob Martin...?

Nov 16, 2016
Is he transferring? His Twitter bio no longer mentions Rutgers, and there hasn't been anything Rutgers related on his feed. He also just tweeted "ain't wasting no more time"... Am I looking too deep into this?

I am an Ash supporter but this would be a significant mistake if he leaves.

Last edited:
Reactions: LotusAggressor
This would be a huge blunder for Ash. RB was a strength for this team coming in. Hopefully he is here next year. Trey Sneed is also a promising guy.

Hope not but was wondering about him too. Still not clear on why he wasn't playing more. Thought he was the best talent we had in the backfield. Did he get on Ash's s--t list? (i.e. maybe due to attitude issue?)

If this is true it will be Coach Ash's first serous blunder. I thought Martin was the best RB on our team? Martin will be picked up in a minute by another D1A school. Next season we will have nothing on that field. How could Hobbs sit back and watch this happen. Dam it!!

The excuse Ash gave about Goodwin eclipsing Martin because Martin was injured and was missing practices was utter nonsense. Running back is the one position where you can miss practice time, step in at game time and still not really miss a beat.

The fact that Ash and Co didn't realize what their players were good at was mind boggling. Seeing them try to make N/S runners go E/W all the time was beyond frustrating.

Reactions: DanceAppreciationTA
His last two retweets are:
"Be with someone who is proud to be with you"
"Not everyone you start with is meant to finish with you"

Musings of an average 20 year old?
Or something worse...?

Also, Dunleavy "liked" the kids tweet about not wasting time.

Martin and Hicks were in today's Snapchat videos working out. Think everyone might be reading too much into it.

Reactions: RUfubar
Maybe he's declaring for the draft?
5667983882_413388e4ea.jpg

not every post these kids make is about football, they have private lives too

These are 18 to 22 year olds. Could be a wide range of issues from G'bye RU to G'bye GF.
Very true. In fact it is understated how common it is for fans like us to mistake cfb athlete tweets about girls to be tweets about football

its a damned shame if so... the duo of Hicks and Martin was far and away the best thing this team had coming into 2016, they were one of the better RB combos in the NCAA the past two seasons.
If he's leaving the program we as fans are going to learn the hard way regarding Ash's inexperience. The problem here is that we have no one with enough experience to question WTF is going on in Ash's head.

I recall a recent article (Courier News I think) mentioning there was "something going on behind the scenes" re: Martin not getting PT. I'll try to search for it.

So now we're starting rumors based on twitter profile info. Step away from the computer old people.
Pretty sure the OP is a troll. He's talked about Flood and players transferring only. He's stirring the pot

Pretty sure the OP is a troll. He's talked about Flood and players transferring only. He's stirring the pot
Not really, I saw the tweet so put it on here to discuss.

And my Flood thread was a genuine question. Feel free to look through all my other posts to assess my sincerety.

Not really, I saw the tweet so put it on here to discuss.

And my Flood thread was a genuine question. Feel free to look through all my other posts to assess my sincerety.
Yea, because it's really hard to Google someone. You're a troll

Reactions: redking
I
You could have just looked at Flood's Twitter feed to see what he is up to, like you did for this one, and still come up with a tin foil hat theory.
I did, and it doesn't mention anything about his coaching opportunities. I was really looking for any anecdotal information that people on here may have.

I specifically went out of my way to mention that it was a serious question. Maybe it's because I'm new to these boards but not sure why that question was out of line.

Yea, because it's really hard to Google someone. You're a troll
If you google him nothing recent comes up. And no im not a troll, I'm actually a recent graduate who probably still has more of a connection to the school than you do. So don't throw accusations around.

Maybe he has girlfriend problems. A lot of people break up before the holidays.
One less gift to buy.
I sell my GFs into sexual slavery each year right before the holidays. Is like a clearance sale. Helps to fund the season tickets, the donations, the hookers and blow.

Reactions: R1776U
I

I did, and it doesn't mention anything about his coaching opportunities. I was really looking for any anecdotal information that people on here may have.

I specifically went out of my way to mention that it was a serious question. Maybe it's because I'm new to these boards but not sure why that question was out of line.

You have to know that KF is probably the most reviled name with respect to Rutgers football, and starting a thread asking his whereabouts was going to start a shit storm. You are pretty naive if you did not know this. If you are naive, my apologies for being so harsh or direct.

I have been part of organizations where people leave the fold, and there is a natural tendency to tar and feather the person on the way out and for months after. But healthier organizations don't look back after a certain point.

It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that KF is going to have a hard time getting a job in another football program as a Head Coach or coordinator. Maybe he will pick up a job as a position coach. Just looking at Greg Schiano, he had to lie low after the rough years as HC of Tampa Bay--but KF is not in Greg Schiano's league. But still think KF needs more time on the sidelines before he gets back in the game. I wish him no ill will. He was put into the position, and gave it what he thought was his best try. He is a human being with feelings, a wife, kids and an extended family. Regardless of the stuff people "know" or "heard" or "experienced" with him, sometimes good people in bad situation make bad decisions and do bad things. We saw that with the Dance Appreciation TA incident. Maybe he would have been more successful if he was as devious on the recruiting trail and with the X's and O's.

Reactions: redking
His last two retweets are:
"Be with someone who is proud to be with you"
"Not everyone you start with is meant to finish with you"

Musings of an average 20 year old?
Or something worse...?

Also, Dunleavy "liked" the kids tweet about not wasting time.

after reading those3 tweets my opinion is he started to post on this forum under a different name and gave up after reading a few responses/threads LOL. :flushed:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT