ADVERTISEMENT

Rodkin Academic Success Center

Reactions: Tararua and RUnTeX
Has anyone heard any updates about this? It was announced with a whole lot of fanfare, but it's not on the Status of Significant Projects list, and seems to have slipped out of the spotlight. Just curious what the timeline for construction is...

https://www.rutgersbigtenbuild.com/academic-success-center/index.html#0

I'm sure it's been ongoing through the design phase with the architects and other consultants. If it is indeed breaking ground by the spring, hopefully it'll start popping up on the Status report. I'd guess a Spring or Fall 2021 occupancy.

They're probably low-playing it because of the loss of parking in the Blue Lot.

Reactions: RUnTeX

I was wondering about this but then I thought back to the renderings and since it sits on the other side of Yurcak (between Yurcak and Athletes Glen), I don't think the project that may impact the Blue lot is the Rodkin Center. Rather, it looks to potentially be the Soccer and Lax facility that will squeeze out a portion of the Blue lot along one or more sides of Yurcak. My guess is that project is further down the line in the order of facilities to be built with the B1G Build Fund as they don't have a signature donor for it that I know of and they probably haven't yet made as much of a push to fundraise toward it until a couple of the other priority projects (football related) are further along.

I was wondering about this but then I thought back to the renderings and since it sits on the other side of Yurcak (between Yurcak and Athletes Glen), I don't think the project that may impact the Blue lot is the Rodkin Center. Rather, it looks to potentially be the Soccer and Lax facility that will squeeze out a portion of the Blue lot along one or more sides of Yurcak. My guess is that project is further down the line in the order of facilities to be built with the B1G Build Fund as they don't have a signature donor for it that I know of and they probably haven't yet made as much of a push to fundraise toward it until a couple of the other priority projects (football related) are further along.
its the same facility.

its the same facility.

Thanks for that clarification. Looks like I got it mixed up as it might be that the latest plan suggested that practice fields (not a full-fledged building) for soccer that would get displaced by the Rodkin Center would then be relocated adjacent to Yurcak, thus displacing a portion of the Blue lot.

Reactions: RUnTeX

Unfortunately there will be plenty of parking spots for the next few years due to declining attendance. We will hardly notice the decrease in the blue lot.

Unfortunately there will be plenty of parking spots for the next few years due to declining attendance. We will hardly notice the decrease in the blue lot.
We'll probably all get bumped up to Scarlet because of all the freed up capacity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT