ADVERTISEMENT

Rodkin Center Construction Camera

Thanks DJ. The Rodkin Center is scheduled to open in December 2020. Training facility for the four lacrosse and soccer teams and academic center for all Rutgers student-athletes.

Thanks.
Flagpole at top of view kinda helps set up visual from North Gate . You can zoom in a little and see brick walls of Battaglia Practice fields.
I guess New traffic pattern will be needed for Knightengale service.

Great video, time to start raising the second 100 million for updates or new baseball/softball fields, soccer fields, and stadium updates

Those job site trailers are definitely at the foot of the Blue Lot. Looks like @MrsScrew's tailgate is going to get pushed a bit to the north, this season. I wonder if there will be a new fence put up.

If that footprint is where the Rodkin Center is, will the soccer practice fields be where the current Blue Lot currently is? If so, looks like a lot of that lot will disappear, which doesn't really bother me, just curious.

Reactions: Leonard23
If that footprint is where the Rodkin Center is, will the soccer practice fields be where the current Blue Lot currently is? If so, looks like a lot of that lot will disappear, which doesn't really bother me, just curious.

There was an artist's rendering of the complex that clearly showed the soccer practice fields being north of the Rodkin Center and adjacent to Yurcak - which would absolutely result in the near-total loss of the Blue Lot.

There was an artist's rendering of the complex that clearly showed the soccer practice fields being north of the Rodkin Center and adjacent to Yurcak - which would absolutely result in the near-total loss of the Blue Lot.
Yes, I remember see a rendering that shows the blue lot being about 2/3's wiped out.

For those who know something about construction, when will the steel start to go up and about when would it be complete? Thanks

Small price to pay for progresd

Reactions: Knight Shift

I may be wrong this pic seems to show the practice fields north of the Bubble and Green Lot, between the Rodkin Center and golf course.

Rodkin_Center_view_from_stadium.png

Reactions: asgot
For those who know something about construction, when will the steel start to go up and about when would it be complete? Thanks

Steel goes up right after the foundation footings and floor is poured and complete. It goes up fast and I wouldn't be surprised if it is complete by late fall. Windows and outside of the building will take longer than steel.

I think this new building also houses the women's tennis team too...?

Steel goes up right after the foundation footings and floor is poured and complete. It goes up fast and I wouldn't be surprised if it is complete by late fall. Windows and outside of the building will take longer than steel.

I think this new building also houses the women's tennis team too...?
Where the heck are the golf teams housed?

Yes, I remember see a rendering that shows the blue lot being about 2/3's wiped out.
Hard to tell from the construction cam or renderings, but much of the blue lot looks to be gone when this is completed (the top pic was from on the banks blog), except for maybe the lesser used grass area closest to Werblin and Lot 53A:

Rodkin_Center_view_from_circle.png

s18_REND_RU-Academic-Success---View-2_DLP.jpg

RU_Academic_Success_View_2.jpg

ru-academic-success---view-1jpg-d81a4b0f5ea9a7cc.jpg

Parking/tailgating options:

1. Use the new Rodkin Center paved lot, the paved Lot 53A behind Yurcak, and any remaining grass area (likely closer to Werblin and Lot 53A) as the new blue lot.

2. Expand light blue to the 3 or 4 lots off Bevier Rd (Lots 58, 58A, 58B, 58C).

3. Expand light tan by converting the Biomedical and Health Science game day cash lots (Lots A, B, C) to season ticket lots (and cash lots, if not sold out from season ticketholders).

The strategic plan also has purple lot disappearing for a new academic building, so that would also need to be addressed down the road when that happens.

Anybody else feel the Rodkin should've had its own parking deck like the APC?

Anybody else feel the Rodkin should've had its own parking deck like the APC?

We exhausted our tax credits for something like that. The school has no reason to build it. It also costs roughly $15,000 per parking space to build.

Reactions: RUsSKii
Where the heck are the golf teams housed?

Good question. I'm not sure but I know they were building a new indoor practice facility which I believe was going to be at the College Avenue Gym. They had a great plan for a new clubhouse and practice facilities but it hasn't gotten a full green light by the administration. It would have provided the golf course a new facility for events, golfers, etc and also provided the teams with locker room, indoor/outdoor practice facilities etc.

Thanks Pete, I was hoping the steel would be finished by the last football game this season so that sounds like it will. Don’t know if they have decided to include tennis, or volleyball for that matter.

It also costs roughly $15,000 per parking space to build.

Hey, it's NJ...with unions and other cost premiums (hint, hint) I'm guessing structured parking might be up to the $20-25K range these days. We used $10-15K as a back-of-the-envelope number (with admittedly some cushion/contingency built in) about 20 years ago.

I'd imagine they are shooting to be under roof and closed in by December-end so that they can get cranking on interior work during the winter months.

Thanks Pete, I was hoping the steel would be finished by the last football game this season so that sounds like it will. Don’t know if they have decided to include tennis, or volleyball for that matter.

As @PeteGiam07 said, erecting the steel frame of the building will be rather quick and if they really want to make hay during the winter with interior construction, they need to get steel done by early fall followed by the glass curtain wall assemblies for a majority of the building facade which will take time through the end of this year.

Great video, time to start raising the second 100 million for updates or new baseball/softball fields, soccer fields, and stadium updates

Baseball/Softball SHOULD be an easy sell IMHO:

“Todd, Eric, time to talk turkey...and naming rights.”

Thanks.
Flagpole at top of view kinda helps set up visual from North Gate . You can zoom in a little and see brick walls of Battaglia Practice fields.
I guess New traffic pattern will be needed for Knightengale service.

The cam is mounted somewhere at the back or top of the Yurcak Field grandstand, perhaps the southeast corner or side wall of the broadcast booth.

Speaking of concrete....at 3:15pm I see a white concrete mixer truck driving on the site in the vicinity of the building footprint. So looks like they may be starting to pour some footers already.

Speaking of concrete....at 3:15pm I see a white concrete mixer truck driving on the site in the vicinity of the building footprint. So looks like they may be starting to pour some footers already.

Can anyone make out what the crew had for lunch today on the live cam?

WE NEED DETAILS, PEOPLE!!

Reactions: RUnTeX
Parking should not be a problem at all with only 11K season ticket holders for football. ;(

Reactions: RUskoolie
The cam is mounted somewhere at the back or top of the Yurcak Field grandstand, perhaps the southeast corner or side wall of the broadcast booth.

Someone needs to cut down those 4 trees that are blocking the view and the camera should zoom in a little closer to the action.

Actually, the soccer practice field will be adjacent to the Rodkin center it self and behind the bubble. The rendering you are seeing is the new turf practice field for the lacrosse teams and yes some of the blue lot will go but you will get some back with the parking at the Rodkin Center itself. If you think that is bad wait until you see where they want to put the new indoor football facility.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT