ADVERTISEMENT

Roger Cohen dead

The man was a master at fostering encouragement. As a journalism major, he was my counselor and helped me immensely while writing my senior thesis. He knew the right thing to say and I always felt better after meeting with him in his office.

On my graduation day in 1987, I ran into him on my way to picking up my sheepskin at the Livingston student center. He wanted to meet my parents. So I led him to them. He wanted to tell them it was a pleasure teaching me, saying I was a hard worker and they had nothing to worry about in regards to my future. He said I'd succeed due to my tenaciousness. His words meant a lot to me and my parents.

R.I.P. Prof. Cohen. You will be missed.

Thanks for posting this and sharing your memory of him. I didn't know any of this. Sounds like a good guy who was really committed to his profession and Rutgers.

R.I.P. Mr. Cohen.
My condolences to all that knew and cared for him and the Rutgers Community he served for many years

Roger Cohen was a RAC legend and will be missed by all who knew him or just heard his calls over the PA system. Our sympathy goes out to his wife and extended family. RIP Baruch HaShem.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT