ADVERTISEMENT

Ron Harper Jr- A Scarlet Leader.

higgins3

All American
Dec 15, 2012
Major props to RHJ. By all accounts, he is a terrific son, brother, and team mate. I have seen footage of him looking out for his sister post games, post on IG/twitter cheering for his team mates, etc.

On the court over the past two years, he has made great improvement:

2018-2019- 41.3 FG %. 27.8 3 pt %. 3.1 RB PG.7.8 PPG

2019-2020- 45.2FG%,34.9 3 pt %, 5.8 RBPG, 12.1 PPG.

Very impressive, RHJ. It is easy to give praise for any student in scarlet doing this well. The icing on the cake is that RHJ is an NJ resident.

Keep up the good work. Continue to lead by example.

The tide on the Raritan is rising.

RRRRRRR

Major props to RHJ. By all accounts, he is a terrific son, brother, and team mate. I have seen footage of him looking out for his sister post games, post on IG/twitter cheering for his team mates, etc.

On the court over the past two years, he has made great improvement:

2018-2019- 41.3 FG %. 27.8 3 pt %. 3.1 RB PG.7.8 PPG

2019-2020- 45.2FG%,34.9 3 pt %, 5.8 RBPG, 12.1 PPG.

Very impressive, RHJ. It is easy to give praise for any student in scarlet doing this well. The icing on the cake is that RHJ is an NJ resident.

Keep up the good work. Continue to lead by example.

The tide on the Raritan is rising.

RRRRRRR

I would not be surprised if Harper has a breakout season this year

We have landed Harper in 2018, Mulcahy in 2019 and now Cliff in 2020 who all were among the top players in New Jersey. Things seem to be changing with RU getting a top NJ player each season. Next year it might be Trey Patterson from Rutgers Prep. I think NJ high school players are beginning to recognize that Rutgers just might be a very good place to consider. We are so lucky to have Steve Pikiell as our Head Coach. He gets it in so many ways. He treats everyone so well, acknowledges them, is well liked by other coaches both college and high school and he loves it at RU.The kids on the team all seem so close as a unit and they all pull for each other. That is all because of Steve. I am so glad that he is our coach and a good friend of mine.

This!

Also, from one of the articles about Cliff where his advisor was saying three years ago everyone told him not to send Cliff here vise today where it's the opposite!

All we (RU) ever needed was the kind of success we're sustainably having for the train to get going down the track...and now we're starting to see the fruits of Pike's labors...and got to give some props to Hobbs for hiring him and to all those involved in the facilities upgrades...it's all tied together!

Great kid and all around player. He can defend 2-4 without skipping a beat. Gets a piece of a lot of shots down low that don’t always go down as blocks but I notice them. Doesn’t give an inch down there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT