ADVERTISEMENT

***Ron Harper Jr Commits to Rutgers***

Well,damn!

Just watched a little video on him. What pops out the most- great wingspan, proper decision making on perimeter passes, tough kid. He is composed, alert defensively. Nothing flashy, but he seems consistent in his motor. Obviously he still has some stuff to work on. He is a 2018 kid.

Being in state, I want to try to get to one of his games this year. It would be a cool experience.

Good for him. I think he will be a contributor over the years.

Well,damn!

Just watched a little video on him. What pops out the most- great wingspan, proper decision making on perimeter passes, tough kid. He is composed, alert defensively. Nothing flashy, but he seems consistent in his motor. Obviously he still has some stuff to work on. He is a 2018 kid.

Being in state, I want to try to get to one of his games this year. It would be a cool experience.

Let us know what you find out, Higs. ;-)

Well,damn!

Can you post a link to his video?

Well,damn!

Being in state, * I want to try to get to one of his games this year. It would be a cool experience.

So you're saying he sounds like a B1G player? ;)

* There was suggestion on the Round Table that we do just that for our recruits in any sport. Especially the ones close by.

WELCOME, Ron Harper Jr! -GREAT having you with us "On The Banks"!!

Last edited:
Good pickup. Holds Nebraska offer.

BK will hate me saying this, but this pickup pretty much signifies that the 2017 big man that he keeps on hinting about is a done deal. We lose two big men after this season theres no way we take another guard without a big man already in the fold.
Are we looking at a Euro Biggie for 2017?

This is just so outstanding. I saw Ron against Linden in the TOC and he had 17 points and 13 rebounds. His Don Bosco team won the Parochial A state championship. In the finals of the TOC his team lost to the Patrick School but he had 13 points and 7 rebounds. He really came on at the end of the season. His team finished as the #2 team in all of NJ. I think they only lost 2 games all season. I think he will be first team All State in this coming (his senior) season. This makes it even better that we grabbed a very good NJ player. His best ball is ahead of him. Our staff is really on a roll.

Seems like great player to round out this class. Does he project as a guard or small forward for us?

Some have said his shot release is funky.

Is it slow? Low? What is meant by that?
Any chance that it causes problems in B1G play?

We all know the discussion about Thiam's low release point and whether or not it would be an issue and have to be fixed.

(Oh, and glad to hear about the pickup! Welcome, Ron!)

ADVERTISEMENT