ADVERTISEMENT

Ron Harper Jr. Mixtape

Granted this is from a mixtape, but I think he will be a good shooter for us with good size, if he can dedicate himself in the weight room, and retool his body to become quicker, more agile. He has potential to be really good, but we likely won't see that potential until late soph - junior year

I think reports have been that he's impressing people already

Can’t be. I thought one of the genius’ here said he needed to redshirt.

Wonder if the poster will admit it when Ron Harper does what Ron Harper does.

Granted this is from a mixtape, but I think he will be a good shooter for us with good size, if he can dedicate himself in the weight room, and retool his body to become quicker, more agile. He has potential to be really good, but we likely won't see that potential until late soph - junior year

I think it will happen well before that. It seems like he has already lost some body fat.

Reactions: dkostus
I think it will happen well before that. It seems like he has already lost some body fat.
--
he does not look fat to me.... maybe we are talking less than 10 pounds off, if we want to get picky

--
he does not look fat to me.... maybe we are talking less than 10 pounds off, if we want to get picky
He’s definitely not what society labels fat. He is 66 and 230. I think by now he is 225. His ideal weight would probably be 215 or so.

That's a strange comment.

A true frosh might make a really good athletic play, and then look like a typical frosh for a while after that. We have seen a compilation of some of his better moves. By the time he will be a junior he might be special

He’s definitely not what society labels fat. He is 66 and 230. I think by now he is 225. His ideal weight would probably be 215 or so.

Just going by heights and weights doesn't really work for college and professional athletes. Draymond Green and Kawhi Leonard are both 6-7 and 230, and no one would call them fat. Zach Ertz is 6-5 and 250lbs. Cam Newton is 6-5 and 245.

It's less about weight and more about muscle to fat ratio. 6-6/230 and jacked is different than 6-6/230 and doughy. I'm less worried about Harper's final weight than his overall strength and conditioning. I'm sure the staff is working on transforming his body from a HS physique to a high major college physique.

Well over 50 % of our posters wanted him to red shirt. I saw him play about 7 times in high school and I was one of the few who always said he would not red shirt. He is a good player. At this time we only have 11 scholarship players eligible to play this fall as Young is a transfer who will sit out. We cannot afford to red shirt anyone. They all should see plenty of playing time.

Just going by heights and weights doesn't really work for college and professional athletes. Draymond Green and Kawhi Leonard are both 6-7 and 230, and no one would call them fat. Zach Ertz is 6-5 and 250lbs. Cam Newton is 6-5 and 245.

It's less about weight and more about muscle to fat ratio. 6-6/230 and jacked is different than 6-6/230 and doughy. I'm less worried about Harper's final weight than his overall strength and conditioning. I'm sure the staff is working on transforming his body from a HS physique to a high major college physique.

I agree. It comes down to muscle to fat ratio.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT