ADVERTISEMENT

Ronnie Gentile?

Leonard23

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/-6455351023096562352/wrestling-paulsboro-state-champion-ronnie-gentile-a-no-show-according-to-coach-as-raiders-top-delsea/

Doesn't sound good. What's the scoop?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

He's basically been out all year except for when they needed points to win a match.

From another article:

"Gentile said the shoulder has been bothering him since September, but he hasn't been to a doctor, feeling he can manage the injury."

He's been hurt, but it is very troubling to not show up & have your coach basically rip you in the media for skipping a match.

Sounds like season ending surgery for Gentile. Probably depressed and not thinking clearly. Coach might want to keep things 'in house' however. Is this the same coach that got ejected from a tourny earlier in the season for arguing or yelling at the official over his son's match? Maybe I'm confusing him w another coach. I know he's been coaching a long time , w a lot of wins, but, his comments were Bush.

you tried to pedal this on another forum and still don't know what your talking about..
"I cant worry about 1 wrestler right now because I have to worry about the 14 that are about to wrestle"
That's bush??

Yes, his demeaning comments to a 16 year old boy to a Newspaper was Bush League ! Humiliate your best wrestler , who is INJURED, while pampering your son. Maybe Gentile can wrestle with a torn Labrum for Morina and ruin his career for dear ole Paulsboro and some more Morina career win !. Gentile should have transferred 2 years ago, I'm sure he now regrets not doing that.

A little more info on the Paulsboro Wrestling coach who seems to favor some wrestlers over others"

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/-3491697685155566622/mustang-classic-croce-wins-gentile-and-savaiinaea-sit-morina-tossed-on-interesting-day-for-paulsboro/

This post was edited on 1/24 4:58 PM by Abro1975

That link sings a different tune. Nonetheless, Gentile seems to have Grant Hill Disease. Hope he can shake that in college.

I just heard that he didn't go to any practices when he wasn't hurt & that he's burnt out. Coach I spoke to said he'd be shocked if he does anything for us. This doesn't bode well for us. Anyone have more info?

Gentile got hurt BEFORE the season started, so I don't know how your 'inside info guy' can say he didn't practice when he wasn't hurt, because he was hurt the whole season. You seem like a good fan, but I find it strange you are throwing Gentile, our RU commit, under the bus, because of off the record comments from an unnamed coach. Gentile DID wrestle this year, HURT, until it Hurt too much too continue, and then he had shoulder surgery. Morina may have a good record, but he doesn't seem to have Gentiles' best interest at heart. Also odd , you would add this little poison pen tidbit a month after the last post in this thread. What's your motive? Gentile shouldn't have wrestled at all this year, he wrestled hurt until he had to have surgery? He's the highest ranked incoming commit, he's NJ State Champ from his junior year? What kind of coach are you talking too? Bizarre.

PS- what is Grant Hill disease? And yes I know who Grant Hill the BB is. Very ill spirited .
Originally posted by Leonard23:
I just heard that he didn't go to any practices when he wasn't hurt & that he's burnt out. Coach I spoke to said he'd be shocked if he does anything for us. This doesn't bode well for us. Anyone have more info?

This post was edited on 2/26 11:50 PM by Abro1975

No motive. Last night I was with a coach that knows him well & he relayed the info so I posted it to find out if he was accurate or not. Grant Hill Disease means frequently hurt. you need stop always picking fights

This post was edited on 2/27 8:29 AM by Leonard23

ADVERTISEMENT