ADVERTISEMENT

Roster update

MADHAT1

Hall of Famer
Apr 1, 2003
No Jada?? Wonder what happened, sigh. Looking at the kinda bright side, when was the last time we had 14 players? Can't remember if we ever did. "Les Rojo's" better be up to their hype.

Reactions: MADHAT1
I didn't realize we had 14 schollies for WBB. Unless someone on the roster isn't on scholarship.
Also, I'm really pleased to see 50% of the current roster listing at over 6 ft.
I don't remember the last time that was the case (if at all) in the CVS era.

I believe that women's basketball teams have 15 scholarships to give out. A quick search showed that Jada Wright is going to community college. Most likely she didn't have the grades or scores.

I'm 100% confident that there will be one more addition but they cant announce it until she actually enrolls but she wont be available to play this year.

Reactions: dmd78 and MADHAT1
Women's Basketball Add Four Newcomers To Roster
The Scarlet Knights welcome transfers Nigia Greene and Caitlin Jenkins along with true freshmen Mael Gilles and Tekia Mack "To The Banks".
http://admin.scarletknights.com/news/2017/8/2/womens-basketball-add-four-newcomers-to-roster.aspx

The roster as it looks now
2017-18 Women's Basketball Roster
http://admin.scarletknights.com/roster.aspx?path=wbball
And if I read it correctly all 14 players are eligible immediately.

I believe that women's basketball teams have 15 scholarships to give out. A quick search showed that Jada Wright is going to community college. Most likely she didn't have the grades or scores.

I'm 100% confident that there will be one more addition but they cant announce it until she actually enrolls but she wont be available to play this year.
Thanks for the information

Well we now have the numbers. The question will be how many "quality"numbers we have that will actually be in rotation.
Looking forward to seeing what develops this year.
As has been discussed ad nauseum on this board, we all agree on one thing: this will be the make or break yr for CVS in terms of her future at RU.

Reactions: MADHAT1 and dmd78

I'm wondering if it's Arella G? She had considered RU before choosing Texas Tech, and now is transferring. I read she was considering transferring to RU or one other school that I can't remember at the moment. She was ranked #100 by hoops girls.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScarletteK80
Quite a geographic distribution for our team with just one woman from NJ, while 2 are from Canada and several from the south.

I recall one very impactful player we had from Canada who made a nice move in the post to basically win the game for us vs Uconn one year. So Canada is a-ok in my book.

Well we now have the numbers. The question will be how many "quality"numbers we have that will actually be in rotation.
Looking forward to seeing what develops this year.
As has been discussed ad nauseum on this board, we all agree on one thing: this will be the make or break yr for CVS in terms of her future at RU.
I recall one very impactful player we had from Canada who made a nice move in the post to basically win the game for us vs Uconn one year. So Canada is a-ok in my book.
Tammy Sutton-Brown....beat UConn...better days..

It appears that coach changed the whole team from last year. Maybe this team will get us back to dancing again.

I'm wondering if it's Arella G? She had considered RU before choosing Texas Tech, and now is transferring. I read she was considering transferring to RU or one other school that I can't remember at the moment. She was ranked #100 by hoops girls.
Hmmm, you are correct!!

There are 15 with Arella included. But I think she needs to sit a year. The only one

Jada Hill is in either junior, or community college and I think will surface later. Not , as i remember, committed elsewhere

Jada Wright is attending Trinity Valley Community college according to a quick twitter search. Maybe she will enroll depending on how the 2018 recruiting class (post players) turns out.

I know that it was mentioned that Caitlin Jenkins was absent from MidKnight Madness. Does anyone have more information on why?

I leave a more detailed assessment to those much closer to the program than I've been in the last year. However, just based on my high level review of the news about the team, it's seems on paper that CVS has more able horses in the stable this season.
I actually find myself excited about the season.....couldn't say that last year.
Go RU!

Thanks for the info. Hopefully it will get really exciting on the banks again with two programs on the rise! Go Women! Go Men!

so whats the deal with Jada Wright? she was the top recruit coming in right?
As indicated above, she is in community college. Make of it what you will. In some instances, players in this circumstance have been unable to meet academic requirements to enroll at a 4 year school. I'm sure there are other reasons as well.

I don't follow recruiting rankings of players. Not at RU, not here in Az. What RU has, I think, is a team that should win more games than not, which is an improvement over last year. It has the potential, I think, to make the NCAA's. Hopefully the difficulties and attitudes that have appeared to affect the locker room and performance of the team for a number of years are a thing of the past.

Reactions: MADHAT1 and dmd78
ADVERTISEMENT