ADVERTISEMENT

Roster

ruhoopscrazy

Sophomore
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2006
Just a question for those who follow the team closely. I’m a men’s basketball and football season ticket holder for a long time. Been to some ladies games over the years. Watched several games this year and I like Coach Coquese Washington. But can someone tell me why we only have 8 players and looks like no walk ons? With two players fouling out last night in the last minute wasn’t sure we would have enough to finish. Thank you.

Just a question for those who follow the team closely. I’m a men’s basketball and football season ticket holder for a long time. Been to some ladies games over the years. Watched several games this year and I like Coach Coquese Washington. But can someone tell me why we only have 8 players and looks like no walk ons? With two players fouling out last night in the last minute wasn’t sure we would have enough to finish. Thank you.
There are more experts here but not sure why we couldn’t at least get 1 or 2 walk ons but as for the roster that is all on CVS as she for lack of a better words left the cupboard very very bare

Reactions: Esipos1
Only three players came back - the rest transferred. Petrie went to Purdue where she is having a good season. We got to 8 with a couple of fresh and transfers in. Fortunately Washington was able to keep the previously committed frosh and transfers to come.

Reactions: MADHAT1
I was aware of not much being left from the previous coach. But, couldn’t they get a few walk ins to help practice and as security in case we get in bad foul trouble? Do we have any recruits signed for next year? I’m really hoping for Coach to bring us back to prominence.

Only three players came back - the rest transferred. Petrie went to Purdue where she is having a good season. We got to 8 with a couple of fresh and transfers in. Fortunately Washington was able to keep the previously committed frosh and transfers to come.

It appeared they had one walk-in at an early practice - apparently she didn’t stick. They do have a recruit who enrolled early and is now sitting on the bench with team, but not dressed. Don’t know her status as far as being able to play.

It appeared they had one walk-in at an early practice - apparently she didn’t stick. They do have a recruit who enrolled early and is now sitting on the bench with team, but not dressed. Don’t know her status as far as being able to play.
I doubt they will waste her eligibility. Particularly as Rutgers has a definite ceiling this year that she can not break through.

I read a very in depth article about an exactly similar situation here in Arizona, as we have an early enrollee (I think she is the #8 recruit in the country or at least at her position). In any case, she commented that she gets to practice and already recognizes she wouldn't be a contributor on the court. She is practicing against 5th year Seniors who are just so much stronger than she is. She commented that she is so happy to have the opportunity to learn the game, build up her strength, etc., while also adjusting to college life this semester.

I would not doubt that some of those feelings are probably also held by the Rutgers recruit.

Reactions: Scarlet Beach
The good news is that barring transfers-out, seven of the eight return next year. Here's a summary of the Years of Eligibility. (Note that scarletknights.com is misleading, it lists class year, not eligibility years. It ignores the free COVID year.)

FRESHMAN
Antonia Bates
Kaylene Smikle

SOPHOMORE
Chyna Cornwell
Erica Lafayette

JUNIOR
Kassondra Brown (prev. at URI and St. Peters)
Kai Carter (prev. at UNC Asheville)
Awa Sidibe (prev. JUCO)

SENIOR
Abby Streeter (prev. at URI and Hartford)

To my knowledge there is only one incoming recruit signed to date, Jillian Huerter. Hopefully she is as good as her brother Kevin, an NBA starter.

Will need to hit the portal.

I doubt they will waste her eligibility. Particularly as Rutgers has a definite ceiling this year that she can not break through.

I read a very in depth article about an exactly similar situation here in Arizona, as we have an early enrollee (I think she is the #8 recruit in the country or at least at her position). In any case, she commented that she gets to practice and already recognizes she wouldn't be a contributor on the court. She is practicing against 5th year Seniors who are just so much stronger than she is. She commented that she is so happy to have the opportunity to learn the game, build up her strength, etc., while also adjusting to college life this semester.

I would not doubt that some of those feelings are probably also held by the Rutgers recruit.
Could also be she has to sit until semester starts? If so we’ll see her this week

Reactions: RUfanDNT
ADVERTISEMENT