ADVERTISEMENT

Rothstein: Greg Gard Expect Rutgers to be a major factor at the top of the league

If the players can adjust to having a target on their backs I think they'll do just fine. Could finish in the top-5 in the B1G.
I agree. If they can stick the trey better than last year (and most guys improved as the season went on) they can be scary good...

Shutting down the season meant not having to follow through on my vow to streak my Senior Citizen building at midnight bellowing out Loyal Sons if we made the NCAA's. Since the team is deeper and more well-regarded this year, will do it if we win the B1G Tournament and/or reach the Sweet 16. We have every reason for high expectations for this team.

Shutting down the season meant not having to follow through on my vow to streak my Senior Citizen building at midnight bellowing out Loyal Sons if we made the NCAA's. Since the team is deeper and more well-regarded this year, will do it if we win the B1G Tournament and/or reach the Sweet 16. We have every reason for high expectations for this team.
So if we achieve all those goals, what's stopping you from streaking and singing this year?

If the players can adjust to having a target on their backs I think they'll do just fine. Could finish in the top-5 in the B1G.

I still see them as the "Hunters"... Yes they had a 20 win season... But still havent "officially" been invited to the Big Dance yet!! Yes, we all know without Covid, they were in... But the fact remains that they havent... I can easily see this team still playing with that chip on their shoulder!!

Reactions: RU89
Yeah. But there’re going to be a pre-season Top-25 team this year.

I want us to be picked 12th again preseason. Loved that motivation last year. But it won't happen this season.

This should be a lesson to the people who seem to thrive on the theory that a conspiracy exists against RU whenever they are cast in a bad light. It is all about winning!
Schiano did the same thing for us by....winning!
It is not a conspiracy when you are a losing program, it is a realistic look at us against the rest.

Reactions: RU_kidding_me
a lot of close games last year... perhaps because some teams didn't realize they were in a fight right from the start... that won't be the case this year. Players will really need to come out strong every single game.

Ewwwww. Gonna give those Grandmas the vapors lol.

Go for it Bud.

This year has been horrendous for everyone so far, and I am from the UK, Marine Parade Webcam. I would not take courage to make any statements still in 2020. I would quietly wait till all this mess is over. In general, the idea is to wait for the better times everywhere. Do you agree? It is very risky things to make any forecasts amidst the crisis.

Last edited:
This should be a lesson to the people who seem to thrive on the theory that a conspiracy exists against RU whenever they are cast in a bad light. It is all about winning!
Schiano did the same thing for us by....winning!
It is not a conspiracy when you are a losing program, it is a realistic look at us against the rest.
Explain.... because you are actually agreeing with those conspiracy guys without realizing it.

They would say.. when Rutgers plays Ohio State in football.. Ohio State does not need all the favorable calls and favorable commentary giving them every benefit of the doubt. Ohio State is good enough to kick the crap outta us without all those calls going in their favor.

You seem to be saying that thinking like that is wrong.. yet saying if you win, you will be treated better. Winners get the calls...

We also have no idea how Rutgers would have been treated in seeding the NCAAs last year.. if the Big Ten rep on the committee would have campaigned for us (knowing he couldn't participate when it came time to actually vote on a seed and location).

That said.. pretty happy with Rutgers football schedule this time. I fully expected to get short straw in a lot of ways and clearly that belongs to Nebraska.. maybe because Nebraska was such a poison pill on the whole CoVid delays/cancellations?

ADVERTISEMENT