ADVERTISEMENT

Rough Day For Flood Supporters...

RobotHunter

Senior
Gold Member
May 9, 2015
I would imagine they will be pretty quite today. The only thing that looked good about RU yesterday were the black helmets. I thought the coaching staff might shock everyone and come up with some new, bold play calling agains the #1 team but no of course not. Hand it off to PJ up the middle. The guy punts on 4th and 2 from the Ohio St. 40 down 7-0 are you kidding me?? 4 plays later it was 14-0. Great call coach. Continues to play Laviano. How many snaps a game does that guy have to fumble? Throws the ball at receivers ankles across the middle and overthrew Carroo for a TD. Don't know if I can blame Federico's ineptness as a college kicker on Flood or not but he just sucks.

The problem is he plays not lose and must think his team is better than they are. He plays conservative and doesnt challenge the other defense at all. No play action on first down, limited down field throws, we claim this to be New England's offense but i dont see it.

OP, who are these phantom Flood supporters to which you allude? If it's those who won't constantly and publicly slam him, that doesn't constitute support, it might actually mean some of us are holding back in order to maintain a sense of decorum, to not spew every negative thought that pops into our heads. Someone has to maintain some decency so our fanbase doesn't turn into a collective Jersey Shore 2.0, and we are always at risk of that.

I certainly want Flood gone but as sad as this is, after we take our lumps the next couple of weeks, we have a legitimate shot at winning the last three and actually going to a bowl game. Or course, then Flood would be back since it will be "what have you done lately". Nevertheless, I'd take that scenario.

OP, who are these phantom Flood supporters to which you allude? If it's those who won't constantly and publicly slam him, that doesn't constitute support, it might actually mean some of us are holding back in order to maintain a sense of decorum, to not spew every negative thought that pops into our heads. Someone has to maintain some decency so our fanbase doesn't turn into a collective Jersey Shore 2.0, and we are always at risk of that.
This board is crawling with them...you know the ones that call you a troll if you might dare question the abilities of our head coach. A head coach mind you that has done very little in almost 4 years now. Not sure where all the support comes from. I really wanted the guy to work out and build this program but it just isn't happening. He can't recruit at a high level and certainly can't coach at a high level. Enough said.

Reactions: Local Shill
The Floodies gear up for it. They know if we are playing a winning team Flood is going to have his behind handed to him.

0-10 versus ranked team and 4-20 versus teams with winning records.

More arrests than wins over teams with winning records.

Something to hang your hat on!

Please name your alternative and how much you are going to donate to help make up the difference in salary commanded and for the buyout.

that's the ebb and flow of the board, it changes week to week based on whether the team wins and loses

Flood continues to walk a tightrope, I said this walking out of the game last week. Its such a fine line with him where every performance matters. Such thin ice...the next two weeks look like sure losses which means the ones wanting him gone will have a lot of ammo with the team likely 3-6 while his supporters point to 3 winnable games...how he walks that tightrope the last 3 weeks is important. I think we end up 5-7 and its such a 50 50 deal with all his supporters pointing to improvement with wins over bad Army and Maryland and all his detractors pointing to the off field stuff and the overall stagnation and lack of wins

Not my job. I am not the AD.

But being the magnanimous guy I am, I will point out that Dino Babbers, who has beaten more B1G teams than Flood this year, makes a fraction of his salary. Start there.

And secondly, Flood booster and fanboy Jeff Towers agreed to pay most of Flood's buyout. The remaining 700k can be easily pooled together.

Reactions: buffalochicken21
Please name your alternative and how much you are going to donate to help make up the difference in salary commanded and for the buyout.

its not up to us. Its up to the school. Its up to Julie to raise money. Its up to the bigwig donors who love their influence to come up with stuff.

If the school wants to piss on itself for 6 years and not invest than why should we bother

Reactions: buffalochicken21
that's the ebb and flow of the board, it changes week to week based on whether the team wins and loses

Flood continues to walk a tightrope, I said this walking out of the game last week. Its such a fine line with him where every performance matters. Such thin ice...the next two weeks look like sure losses which means the ones wanting him gone will have a lot of ammo with the team likely 3-6 while his supporters point to 3 winnable games...how he walks that tightrope the last 3 weeks is important. I think we end up 5-7 and its such a 50 50 deal with all his supporters pointing to improvement with wins over bad Army and Maryland and all his detractors pointing to the off field stuff and the overall stagnation and lack of wins

In that scenario you'd have to have a lot of gall to want Flood here.

But some of them do. They either have access, want to be right on the internet, or just come for the tailgaiting.

4-20 versus winning opponents, and Floodies have the nerve to talk about Schiano....SMH

Am I the only one who thought it was obvious that a Martin and James were our best chances to move the ball? Their DBs were way too fast for Laviano's dink and dunk and float style.

Reactions: MidwestKnights
Using Martin would have been the sensible call.

But that requires sensible coaching.

And as the 5% like saying, can we afford someone who plays the best players?

Reactions: OffTheBanks
Donate more?? Just to reduce the shool subsidy? We arent getting what we are paying for now. How about the school step for once and be proactive for a change!! They nickel and dime everything.

Exactly. The reaction, if the administration has the audacity to keep Flood, should be mass non renewal. Let's see Barchi balance the books without the revenue from parking and concessions.

We have tried everything with this admin, they won't listen. If Flood is retained it will be a middle finger to the fanbase. Giving it right back is the only way forward.

It's time for the Flood lovers to start running around the concourse with petitions to sign to save Coach Flood like they did years ago when it became obvious that Mulcahy was on a big time hot seat. Didn't work for Big Bob, and I'm afraid it won't work for Coach Flood either.

That's the thing about this board. People are way too emotional sometimes and base their opinions off of what happened in the previous game. I came to the conclusion awhile ago that Flood isn't the guy to get it done. But I'm not going to blow up now because we got crushed by the number one team in the country. That just makes no sense.

Reactions: mildone
I think the average fan on this board would be willing to donate and be proactive if they knew the school was looking at our best interest and not the bottom line. There is a feeling the school is doing things on the cheap to get by for 6 years...they are doing it in basketball and doing it in football. That is the dilemma here, its hard to have confidence in Barchi because of his statements and his apparent hamstringing of Julie as AD when it comes to spending money.

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
The problem is that the 5% of our fanbase, the Floodies, are kicking and screaming about how Flood is the bees knees and anyone who diverges from their fantasy narrative is assailed.

The board would be much better off if we could spend our time debating the best way to force the admin's hand on Flood, instead of hearing screaming about "man of integrity" or "I try to be positive" BS

I thought trying to run the ball early made sense and there was some success on the first drive. Our defense is bad so you want to try and eat some clock with your offense if possible. I thought early on the OL did a better job run blocking than in pass protection. When ever OSU brought extras they seemed to get through unimpeded. Problem of course is that we got nothing off the first drive which may have been our best of the game and then did not take advantage of an early turnover. I also had no problem with not going for it on 4th and 2 from the 40. OSU had already established Barrett and showed an ability to throw the ball. No reason to give them a short field. We also had a ton of penalties which I find to pin on anyone other than the coaching staff. Although I think KF has already told us good team take penalties. Problem is we are not that good a team. .

The Floodies gear up for it. They know if we are playing a winning team Flood is going to have his behind handed to him.

0-10 versus ranked team and 4-20 versus teams with winning records.

More arrests than wins over teams with winning records.

Something to hang your hat on!

The record vs. Winning teams is actually 2-20 since October 2012.
Any other Program with any backbone would have fired this"Coach" long ago.

That's the thing about this board. People are way too emotional sometimes and base their opinions off of what happened in the previous game. I came to the conclusion awhile ago that Flood isn't the guy to get it done. But I'm not going to blow up now because we got crushed by the number one team in the country. That just makes no sense.

Agree. I've also stated that Flood is not the right person to move RU forward.
The question is will the Admin (AD, Pres Barchi and the board) step up and properly fund the football coach with a competent head coach and staff or will they just keep Flood because its simply cheaper..

It's pretty simple:

Defense - can't stop any offense with a pulse. OSU could have scored 60+ on us but they start a little slow it seems and let up with practically the entire 4th quarter to go.

Total D - 111th
Pass Efficiency D - 118th
TO's - 101st
Sacks - 98th
TFL - 64th
Run D - 47th (and dropping...IIRC we were 30th going into last night)

Offense - can't move the ball/score against good D's (Maryland, on the other hand, moved and scored plenty against both PSU and OSU), bottom line, it's the truth. LC is a super-star, but, his supporting cast isn't nearly good enough to help him against good defenses. One poster stated "how is OSU going to stop LC and Agudosi when they're on the field together," the other day, well...they did. Rather easily. Take away the 72 yards passing against their 2nd team D, on the final drive of the game, and our stats are pathetic. Coming up? The #8 and #1 D's in the nation.

ST's - other than Grant absolutely nothing to get excited about here.

Can't wait to hear the excuses, and get bashed, by the few Flood guys still on these boards (for posting facts...). Should be rather funny.

It's pretty simple:

Defense - can't stop any offense with a pulse. OSU could have scored 60+ on us but they start a little slow it seems and let up with practically the entire 4th quarter to go.

Total D - 111th
Pass Efficiency D - 118th
TO's - 101st
Sacks - 98th
TFL - 64th
Run D - 47th (and dropping...IIRC we were 30th going into last night)

Offense - can't move the ball/score against good D's (Maryland, on the other hand, moved and scored plenty against both PSU and OSU), bottom line, it's the truth. LC is a super-star, but, his supporting cast isn't nearly good enough to help him against good defenses. One poster stated "how is OSU going to stop LC and Agudosi when they're on the field together," the other day, well...they did. Rather easily. Take away the 72 yards passing against their 2nd team D, on the final drive of the game, and our stats are pathetic. Coming up? The #8 and #1 D's in the nation.

ST's - other than Grant absolutely nothing to get excited about here.

Can't wait to hear the excuses, and get bashed, by the few Flood guys still on these boards (for posting facts...). Should be rather funny.

stats don't lie, records don't lie. For those brightsiders penciling in Maryland as a win, note that they scored 27 on OSU and 30 on Penn State nearly pulling off the latter.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
stats don't lie, records don't lie. For those brightsiders penciling in Maryland as a win, note that they scored 27 on OSU and 30 on Penn State nearly pulling off the latter.

They also rushed for 250 against PSU (we rushed for, what, 43??) and rolled-up 400 yards against OSU.

I could name 5-10 right of the top of my head within a minute. I won't because there is not point in calling them out. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, regardless of whether you agree with it or not. That said, there are a bunch of people out there whose support of the coach (doesn't even really matter who it is) is borderline unconditional until that coach is gone and the next guy comes aboard. And then rinse and repeat. Just the way it is with some people. .

Reactions: OffTheBanks
Knew the game was over early on when RU runs the ball twice to create a 3rd and 2 on the RU 40 and they decide to run a passing route in the flats. You are in 2 down territory with a chance to have your line fire off the ball and you call a finesse passing route. Oh and by the way on 4th down he punts. Play with house money and take a shot. Hit the defending champ in the mouth and see how they react. Line looked great prior to that play and never looked the same after.

The administration supports Flood. When twits use the term Floodies, they aren't intelligent enough to understand who they are referencing exactly.

I could name 5-10 right of the top of my head within a minute. I won't because there is not point in calling them out. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, regardless of whether you agree with it or not. That said, there are a bunch of people out there whose support of the coach (doesn't even really matter who it is) is borderline unconditional until that coach is gone and the next guy comes aboard. And then rinse and repeat. Just the way it is with some people. .

this is true, that's just how they are but its take all objectivity out the situation and makes discussions pointless because they are coming from a blind loyalty viewpoint. I have seen this on the basketball boards as well with Fred Hill. We saw it with Schiano too. Then interestingly enough some actually give their true feeling toward the ex coach 5 years later criticizing them

Agree. I've also stated that Flood is not the right person to move RU forward.
The question is will the Admin (AD, Pres Barchi and the board) step up and properly fund the football coach with a competent head coach and staff or will they just keep Flood because its simply cheaper..

This isn't really a question.

Flood will be here in 16.

this is true, that's just how they are but its take all objectivity out the situation and makes discussions pointless because they are coming from a blind loyalty viewpoint. I have seen this on the basketball boards as well with Fred Hill. We saw it with Schiano too. Then interestingly enough some actually give their true feeling toward the ex coach 5 years later criticizing them

No offense, but you were like that with Rice. Not sure I'd be casting stones in your position.

its not up to us. Its up to the school. Its up to Julie to raise money. Its up to the bigwig donors who love their influence to come up with stuff.

If the school wants to piss on itself for 6 years and not invest than why should we bother

Big wig donors obviously aint happening. Where the F else do you think the money will come from? You don't think that a good place to start would be the thousand or so middle aged guys with no life on this board? (myself included) There is another pool of die hard Rutgers fans out there? Please get me in touch with them, because any alternative to you guys would be a blessing. It's every coach we have ever had, every QB we have ever had, every AD, every president... the list goes on and on. The only constant is you guys. Start looking in the mirror.

Donate more?? Just to reduce the shool subsidy? We arent getting what we are paying for now. How about the school step up for once and be proactive for a change!! They nickel and dime everything.

They are too focused on the subsidy and articles the SL would write.

Knew the game was over early on when RU runs the ball twice to create a 3rd and 2 on the RU 40 and they decide to run a passing route in the flats. You are in 2 down territory with a chance to have your line fire off the ball and you call a finesse passing route. Oh and by the way on 4th down he punts. Play with house money and take a shot. Hit the defending champ in the mouth and see how they react. Line looked great prior to that play and never looked the same after.

I knew it was over when I saw how big and fast they were across the board. That team is obviously next level.

No offense, but you were like that with Rice. Not sure I'd be casting stones in your position.

I was a big Rice supporter but I was pretty critical at times. If he came back and didn't get RU somewhere in his 5th year he should have been fired. I am never one to just support because the coach is the head coach

Reading this forum after a loss (and lately, even after some wins) is like observing a kindergarten class full of horribly spoiled toddlers. What a bunch of colicy babies we have here.

Apparently, if we're not all wallowing in the sea of hatred-based misery these haters live in, and if we're not meeting their quota of repetitive negative whiny posts each day, then we simply must be the Flood-loving enemy. Brilliant! [laughing]

the game was over when we missed that first field goal... that was a sign of things to come

ADVERTISEMENT