ADVERTISEMENT

RU 1, Wisconsin 0 - women's soccer - FINAL

We out played them. Came out more aggressively than we have been. Better ball control, moved it quickly. Ran them around quite a bit. Had real pressure on them for stretches. And they are a good side. Needed that win & it was a good one. On to the mid-west for Thurs & Sun games. Keep it up Ladies. Go RU.

Needed the W couldn't come out if homestand with 1 or 0 points. Well done ladies!

KNut i think we had a few Ali takedowns in the box also
Some ref wont call it, regardless, unless they feel a real chance tto score has been denied
But thankfully we had linesmen who understood offside. Friday night they called every play that was anywhere close. It hurt us a few times

Reactions: Loyal-Son
KNut i think we had a few Ali takedowns in the box also
Some ref wont call it, regardless, unless they feel a real chance tto score has been denied
But thankfully we had linesmen who understood offside. Friday night they called every play that was anywhere close. It hurt us a few times
Agree with your take ho. Thought the offside call on Alaysia Lane in the Minny game may have hurt us. Had to be razor close. From where I was seated she looked ok.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
Would LOVE to see the ladies come back from Iowa/Nebraska with 6 points headed into the home stretch with 3 of 4 at Yurcak (OSU, PSU and Mich ALL at home; IU on the road)!

Reactions: rucoe89
Would LOVE to see the ladies come back from Iowa/Nebraska with 6 points headed into the home stretch with 3 of 4 at Yurcak (OSU, PSU and Mich ALL at home; IU on the road)!
That would be great! We'll see. Go RU.

The announcers during the game said that Casey Murphy is not returning for her senior year, that she will graduate and go pro. Not sure if this is common knowledge, it was news to me.

The announcers during the game said that Casey Murphy is not returning for her senior year, that she will graduate and go pro. Not sure if this is common knowledge, it was news to me.
Well that's disappointing, but not surprising. How frequent is something like that?

Also, due to the Minnesota loss, RU is now ranked 23rd. Wisconsin drops from the rankings, but receiving votes and Minnesota is now receiving votes.

RPI is at 12 though, highest of any B1G school.

I would not go too crazy with rankings yet

What matters is home field advantage in the Big 10 tournament
then a few home games, if ever possible , in the ncaa

The rpi is tenuous as all left are in conference games and as we keep beating each other that will fall

I would not go too crazy with rankings yet

What matters is home field advantage in the Big 10 tournament
then a few home games, if ever possible , in the ncaa

The rpi is tenuous as all left are in conference games and as we keep beating each other that will fall
Agreed.

Well that's disappointing, but not surprising. How frequent is something like that?

I assume very rare but don't know. For Casey, my guess is that her main focus is making the full US national team and this presumably would allow her to train with them or the U-23 team instead. As good as the RU team and coaches are this probably helps her development.

not a huge follower of soccer ,or lacrosse.but,it seems that this type of play by the ladies st, and the men's lacrosse. team. where they come out looking like conference champs then falter with some head scratching losses. is this just a rutgers as usual sort of phenomena...ive been following ru athletics since the 76 mens bb final four,and this phenomena never ceases to amaze me...i know this conference is very tough to win in...but, for once can we just dominate a whole season......its nice to fantasize once in a while.

ADVERTISEMENT