ADVERTISEMENT

RU 45th In Directors Cup Standings

bigmatt718

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Mar 11, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Last edited:
What is the difference between the directors cup and the #25 ranking w posted last week? I thought that was all sports too?

Getting there. The baseball thing hurt - NO DOUBT - but next year add men's soccer to the list of NCAA qualifiers and soon enough, pray to God, women's hoops again.

Director's Cup is the legitimate NCAA Standings. That #25 ranking was from Fox Sports I believe.
"legitimate"?

It is not the NCAA it is the NACDA.. National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics

this thing started, iirc, as the Sears Directors Cup. it varies what sports it counts from year to year because not every college competes in all sports. that is, it is very difficult to do purely objective comparisons.. but it is the best attempt to do so.

Interestingly, it began counting the top 20 sports from each school but was reduced to 19.. many schools don't even compete in 19 sports... but sports with little participation.. like Ice Hockey and mens volleyball.. or LAX I suppose.. where it is easier to get a rank for schools that compete.. that kinda throws things off.

"legitimate"?

It is not the NCAA it is the NACDA.. National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics

this thing started, iirc, as the Sears Directors Cup. it varies what sports it counts from year to year because not every college competes in all sports. that is, it is very difficult to do purely objective comparisons.. but it is the best attempt to do so.

Interestingly, it began counting the top 20 sports from each school but was reduced to 19.. many schools don't even compete in 19 sports... but sports with little participation.. like Ice Hockey and mens volleyball.. or LAX I suppose.. where it is easier to get a rank for schools that compete.. that kinda throws things off.
Men's Lax is NOT included?

ADVERTISEMENT