ADVERTISEMENT

RU Baseball at #18 Illinois, Fri, Sat, Sun on BTN +, story:

Heatter has not pitched for a while and is not scheduled to go this weekend -- anyone know if he is injured?

RU getting rocked early. 6-0 in the first, and nobody out. O'Reilly has given up 2 homers, a triple and 3 singles ....And Nobody out. He's getting lit up like it's batting practice. Every ball hit a screaming line drive or moon shot over the fence. ugh.

JuWann Harris gets screwed out of a Grand Slam, given a ground rule double saying it bounced off the top of fence, not over the fence, complete BS. Lots of arguing. Looks like it's RU up 10-9. Wow !

Has anyone ever seen the umps allowing all 3 runners on base to score on a ground rule double?

JuWann Harris gets screwed out of a Grand Slam, given a ground rule double saying it bounced off the top of fence, not over the fence, complete BS. Lots of arguing. Looks like it's RU up 10-9. Wow !
It depends on the ground rule specific to the field whether or not it is a homerun when it bounces off the top of the fence and over. Was the argument about whether it actually cleared the fence cleanly?

It depends on the ground rule specific to the field whether or not it is a homerun when it bounces off the top of the fence and over. Was the argument about whether it actually cleared the fence cleanly?
Anyone?

Oh well – – seems like it was quite a game. I am thinking they will take the next two.

RU loses 13-12.

PS- I explained above the dispute over whether the ball cleared the fence or hit top of the fence and bounced over.

Wow ... almost an epic win coming from 9 down ... sounds like a great game ... damn ... might have finally got a new RU classic on B1G

The hitters must have loved that it was finally warm out

It wasn't that warm, plus it showered in the later innings, it was the gale force winds blowing out from home plate towards the outfield fences, lol. Announcers on BTN+ were very good, sounded like middle age pros that probabl do minor league baseball.

Reactions: biazza38
It wasn't that warm, plus it showered in the later innings, it was the gale force winds blowing out from home plate towards the outfield fences, lol. Announcers on BTN+ were very good, sounded like middle age pros that probabl do minor league baseball.
Thank for. I just assumed, I did t get to watch

Game 2 Saturday- down 2-0 end of 4

Nice crowd here for the Spring game.

RU drops another close one 2-1.

Scarlet up over White here at the Stadium 84-70 at the half.

Hard weekend to shake off. Two very tough losses and then a poor Sunday to finish off a disappointing three game set.

Weekends against B1G rivals not meeting expectations .

Say what?? We took 2 of 3 each of the 1st two weekends; one one of which was on the road. Absolutely no issues whatsoever there, IMHO, but this one stings tad, yes, especially considering losing 2 by 1-run each. On the road, however, I think most were hoping to take 1 of 3 against the nation's 18th ranked program.

...NOW this weekend looms HUGE with The 'Huskers coming in for 3! RPI 92 vs 143 IMHO you've GOT to take 2 of 3 here!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT