ADVERTISEMENT

RU Business School Building

SirPerceval

All American
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Is it me or is the new business school building one of the most inefficient uses of building space and real estate ever. Looks beautiful but the volume of building seems completely misused. One wing has two stairwells located right next to each other. The reception area is 3-4 stories high. There seems to be very little productive areas for the size of the building. My sons thinks I'm nuts as I rant about it every time we walk up to the RAC.

Reactions: rutgers0423
Sorry Perceval but I love the building.
It is stunning to look at, especially at night - and i have to admit this opinion is based solely on looking at the building from the outside - I’m going to have to go inside next time and maybe I’ll get it.

But the two stairwells next to each other still blows my mind a bit.

Reactions: RU MAN
Is it me or is the new business school building one of the most inefficient uses of building space and real estate ever. Looks beautiful but the volume of building seems completely misused. One wing has two stairwells located right next to each other. The reception area is 3-4 stories high. There seems to be very little productive areas for the size of the building. My sons thinks I'm nuts as I rant about it every time we walk up to the RAC.
Yes, the new business school building is crap. It's silly fad architecture and will look old and outdated in 10 years. It is also stark and boring, especially the inside. Too bad, RU screwed the pooch on this one.

Reactions: RUskoolie
I’m a business school student and I can assure you that this building is complete and udder crap and a waste of space. Yes I thought it was attractive as a high school student visiting campus.

However, there’s hardly any study areas, one of the towers is entirely used for administrative offices, none of the toilets flush properly, the elevator is right next to the door that students walk into from the bus/parking which creates huge log jams, etc.

It’s not a well built building in any way. One of my real estate professors despises the building and says it’s the worst built building he’s ever been in with multiple fire hazards, and he builds for a living.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Also every window in the building was put in backwards by the company who built it causing excessive heat/cold. They had to fix every window bc of that.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
I’m a business school student and I can assure you that this building is complete and udder crap and a waste of space. Yes I thought it was attractive as a high school student visiting campus.

However, there’s hardly any study areas, one of the towers is entirely used for administrative offices, none of the toilets flush properly, the elevator is right next to the door that students walk into from the bus/parking which creates huge log jams, etc.

It’s not a well built building in any way. One of my real estate professors despises the building and says it’s the worst built building he’s ever been in with multiple fire hazards, and he builds for a living.
BOOM!
giphy.gif

Reactions: Tararua
ADVERTISEMENT