ADVERTISEMENT

RU Field Hockey Cracks The Top 10

DqNMArhV4AAZAeL.jpg:large

I'm a Maryland guy, but rankings are sometimes bogus. The Terps have lost twice in the last two weeks (Penn State, Virginia) without dropping a single spot.

I guess its because they've beaten everybody else in that top ten except Penn State?

p.s. So cool to see Rutgers in there!

Would think so but don't feel we're a lock for the Dance even though we're ranked 10th in the Coaches poll. Even though we beat Iowa & have a better record & RPI than Iowa, Iowa is ranked 9th. If they take 5 Big teams our chances improve exponentially. A win over OSU helps a lot. Can't take anything for granted as the old guard network is alive & well as witnessed by the poll. My guess is that it will be active in the selection committee as well.

Would think so but don't feel we're a lock for the Dance even though we're ranked 10th in the Coaches poll. Even though we beat Iowa & have a better record & RPI than Iowa, Iowa is ranked 9th. If they take 5 Big teams our chances improve exponentially. A win over OSU helps a lot. Can't take anything for granted as the old guard network is alive & well as witnessed by the poll. My guess is that it will be active in the selection committee as well.

Yeah, don't leave it to chance, although I do think that Rutgers is a stone-cold lock at this point. I agree that the old guard thing is definitely real, as I sort of mentioned in my comment a few posts back about the poll.

16 teams make the field. Even with a loss our RPI would hardly budge and it would take a thievery that we haven't even seen in men's lax to keep us out at this point.

Coaches: 10
RPI: 7

16 teams make the field. Even with a loss our RPI would hardly budge and it would take a thievery that we haven't even seen in men's lax to keep us out at this point.

Coaches: 10
RPI: 7
Nuts you know better. Never doubt the NCAA committee to come up with an obscure ranking or composite to keep Dear Old Rutgers out.

Nuts you know better. Never doubt the NCAA committee to come up with an obscure ranking or composite to keep Dear Old Rutgers out.

Any reports from the game in Columbus? Can't find a separate thread about it nor is there an update on scarletknights.com.

Thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT