ADVERTISEMENT

RU Football - no tailgating - so best 3 pizza options?

YES! 1000X YES!

Do you get it with or without sauce? We always get it with sauce.
Never let the bartender talk you into getting it with Vodka sauce. Ruins it.

I can go there with my sons and put away several of these things.

Their pepperoni & onion pie is great too.

EDIT: Also, important to note, the only bar pie I've had better than this is Nancy's Townhouse in Rahway. And Nancy's is like Santillo's only with a specialty on thin crust. Nancy's thin crust is bar-none the best anywhere.
Yup, red sauce on top and just a bit well done.

Napoli's?
Tudino's?
Pizza Rebuplic?
Grimaldi's?

Back when I lived in Hoboken, I thought Benny Tudino's was the best. Grimaldi's brick oven pizza was also excellent. I tended to try out different places as I get tired of the same variety. 7 Star was late night giant slice but bland.

Reactions: Jm0513
Back when I lived in Hoboken, I thought Benny Tudino's was the best. Grimaldi's brick oven pizza was also excellent. I tended to try out different places as I get tired of the same variety. 7 Star was late night giant slice but bland.
Back in the early 70’s I ate pizza at Tudino’s many times. I remember it being very good, but I also remember the pizza pies being larger than the average large pie. Am I hallucinating? Does Benny make pies larger than usual?

Back in the early 70’s I ate pizza at Tudino’s many times. I remember it being very good, but I also remember the pizza pies being larger than the average large pie. Am I hallucinating? Does Benny make pies larger than usual?
I think they're known for their yugeee slices.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr_Twister
That’s dinner tonight. Just getting your balls busted by Al is worth the price of admission.
My first time in there I ordered he barks at me "$28!!", I gave him $30 and he never came back to give me my change, I was like ok lol.

Ralph’s Nutley, star tavern and Belleville pizza- had 2 slices there today. La Sicilia in Belleville has new owners dropped a notch

Reactions: Jm0513
The best pizza is made in my kitchen. I worked at a pizza place in Lavallette and know all the secrets. I also know the secret at Pete and Elda's in Neptune. I can make actually a better version of theirs.

Anyone tried Pizzaland on 130 North in Bordentown? Pizza was good but they had the best chicken parm anywhere. Plus they also served beer there as well so that made it better.

Stan’s Chitch’s in Bound Brook.
Been going there since a kid in the early 80’s.

Had not been in a while. Met a couple buddies a few weeks back, polished off 3 pizzas and 3 pitchers. Good stuff.

Reactions: phs73rc77gsm83
I enjoy Star Tavern very much and think it's excellent pizza. That said, it is often put on these lofty perches where it does not belong.
Star Tavern is in my top 5, which probably includes Sciortino's in South Amboy, Nancy's Towne House in Rahway (the absolute thinnest crust pizza on the planet), Sal's down in Washington Twp (where I grew up - Gloucester Co.), and maybe Menlo Pizza in Edison or Highland Pizza.

I will throw a vote out there for Lombardi's Pizza Company in Martinsville small place, great pizza more Neopolitan style pizza
Wish they'd bring back the D.O.P. Otherwise, I enjoy their Daphne and Margherita. Pizza Vita in Summit is also excellent. Their Drunken and Drunken Grandma are top notch.

Reactions: rufamily
Star Tavern is in my top 5, which probably includes Sciortino's in South Amboy, Nancy's Towne House in Rahway (the absolute thinnest crust pizza on the planet), Sal's down in Washington Twp (where I grew up - Gloucester Co.), and maybe Menlo Pizza in Edison or Highland Pizza.
No question, no debate Nancy's is the best thin crust in this state and therefore the best in the country at the very least. (I've never been to Italy)

(But my son has and he even says nobody touches Nancy's )

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT