ADVERTISEMENT

RU Grinds out 3rd straight win against a top 25 team for the first time ever - this is so much goddamn fun!!

RU848789

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Metuchen, NJ
Maybe Pike was right about this being his best team - just showing it a little later than anyone expected, but we're hitting on all cylinders now, playing fantastic individual and team defense, playing pretty efficiently on offense, as we keep shooting ~50% or more (51% today), and we hit friggin' 16-18 FTs, which is not an area we've excelled at usually. They were 9-17, so we picked up 7 points there and we won by 8 - and there's no way it should have been 20-10 in fouls with 4-5 minutes left (ended up 20-18, because they fouled a bunch at the end), as this was not an evenly called game.

What else is there to say? Ron with 21/6, PM with 18/5/5, Geo with 16 and 3 assists and 2 steals and kept playing hard despite not scoring in the 2nd half, Cliff with a solid 10/8 and 2 blocks, and Caleb with only 4, but he had 6 steals - 6 steals!! And while the bench didn't excel, per se, we did get some good minutes from them, especially on defense (Miller especially).

Some pretty good coaching, too, to have this team so well motivated and prepared for a very good WI team at home - and I loved seeing Davison bricking three after three (1-9) and we kept Davis under control with only 11. Well done Pike and staff. 9-5/15-9 and 11-9 is now looking easily doable (likely in, IMO, although a B1G tourney win might be needed), while 12-8 is in range (an NCAA lock with 6 Q1 wins including this one on the road). Like I said in the title, this is so much goddamn fun!!

Maybe Pike was right about this being his best team - just showing it a little later than anyone expected, but we're hitting on all cylinders now, playing fantastic individual and team defense, playing pretty efficiently on offense, as we keep shooting ~50% or more (51% today), and we hit friggin' 16-18 FTs, which is not an area we've excelled at usually. They were 9-17, so we picked up 7 points there and we won by 8 - and there's no way it should have been 20-10 in fouls with 4-5 minutes left (ended up 20-18, because they fouled a bunch at the end), as this was not an evenly called game.

What else is there to say? Ron with 21/6, PM with 18/5/5, Geo with 16 and 3 assists and 2 steals and kept playing hard despite not scoring in the 2nd half, Cliff with a solid 10/8 and 2 blocks, and Caleb with only 4, but he had 6 steals - 6 steals!! And while the bench didn't excel, per se, we did get some good minutes from them, especially on defense (Miller especially).

Some pretty good coaching, too, to have this team so well motivated and prepared for a very good WI team at home - and I loved seeing Davison bricking three after three (1-9) and we kept Davis under control with only 11. Well done Pike and staff. 9-5/15-9 and 11-9 is now looking easily doable (likely in, IMO, although a B1G tourney win might be needed), while 12-8 is in range (an NCAA lock with 6 Q1 wins including this one on the road). Like I said in the title, this is so much goddamn fun!!
Basically beating three Top 15 in a row - #13 Michigan St., #16 Ohio State, and #14 Wisconsin. Almost can't believe it! GO RU!

Trying to “like” this post a hundred times

ADVERTISEMENT