ADVERTISEMENT

RU jumps to #47 in world rankings

This is what is truly important. Good academic reviews can only help all other university activities.

Main campus jumps from #103 to #47 in the world. Article on nj.com today. Go RU!

Maybe this is NJ.com's Mugrat, since the US News website that did these global rankings has us at #105, down 2 from last year. Put away the champagne and noisemakers.

https://www.usnews.com/education/be...university-of-new-jersey-new-brunswick-186380

Having said that, from an academic perspective, I've found the CWUR rankings to be a bit better gauge, although all of these kinds of rankings should be taken with a large grain of salt and in particular, people shouldn't be making major distinctions about #50 vs. #80, for example, as the scores are actually quite close (and small changes in a couple of categories can lead to pretty large jumps in the rankings). The fact that RU is #41 in their world in their ranking has nothing to do with me thinking their rankings are better, lol.

https://cwur.org/2018-19/Rutgers-University-New-Brunswick.php

Cmon, expand your horizons a bit. Positive press is hard to come by embrace it. If you don't think this type of news plays with parents I don't know what to tell you.

Applicants and student visits to campus had a record amount last year. This continues- reservations to the Honors College for October and November are totally full, unless RU adds more dates. General campus visits are booked weeks in advance. Visits to Cook, the Businrss School, Nursing School, Douglass, the Arts School, and Engineering are skyrocketing.

Main campus jumps from #103 to #47 in the world. Article on nj.com today. Go RU!

Maybe this is NJ.com's Mugrat, since the US News website that did these global rankings has us at #105, down 2 from last year. Put away the champagne and noisemakers.

https://www.usnews.com/education/be...university-of-new-jersey-new-brunswick-186380

Having said that, from an academic perspective, I've found the CWUR rankings to be a bit better gauge, although all of these kinds of rankings should be taken with a large grain of salt and in particular, people shouldn't be making major distinctions about #50 vs. #80, for example, as the scores are actually quite close (and small changes in a couple of categories can lead to pretty large jumps in the rankings). The fact that RU is #41 in their world in their ranking has nothing to do with me thinking their rankings are better, lol.

https://cwur.org/2018-19/Rutgers-University-New-Brunswick.php

Looks like it was a typo and my info is correct, as NJ.com "corrected" (i.e., changed it without acknowledging the first version was wrong, lol) their article and now list RU as #105 worldwide, down from #103 last year. Probably should change the thread title.

https://www.nj.com/news/2019/10/the...among-the-best-in-the-world-ranking-says.html

Why would this thread get moved from the football board to this board, which is where threads go to die? RU rankings are of general interest and should stay on the football board; could always just repost them here, too, if discussion here is desired, rather than moving them.

Bottom 3 US schools
1420 Rowan U
1427 Georgia Southern
1457 LSU Health Sciences New Orleans

Because that's what this Board is all about...

"Rutgers Issues - academic, campus life and more!"

It's right there in the name. ;)

So basically Rutgers-NB remained flat with what is an inconsequential two spot drop. 47th among US schools only is not bad.

The surprise on the top 20 list is Washington for sure. Even with being quite aware of their incredibly strong research reputation in the sciences, medicine, etc I still wouldn't have guessed UDub that high. To be in the Top 10 globally, edging out JHU and others, is quite noteworthy for those Huskies.

So basically Rutgers-NB remained flat with what is an inconsequential two spot drop. 47th among US schools only is not bad.

The surprise on the top 20 list is Washington for sure. Even with being quite aware of their incredibly strong research reputation in the sciences, medicine, etc I still wouldn't have guessed UDub that high. To be in the Top 10 globally, edging out JHU and others, is quite noteworthy for those Huskies.

Didn't realize there were that many (58) international schools in the top 105, such that RU is 47th in the US - vs. 62nd in the US, when just rated against US universities, but I recall seeing that the methodology was a bit different for international vs. US only.

To boot, UW is one of the most beautiful campuses I've ever visited.

Reactions: ElmiraExpress
ADVERTISEMENT