ADVERTISEMENT

RU Lax up on #10 Princeton 8-5 at the half

Caliknight

Legend
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2001
Best half of the season for RU by far. They go a couple of cheap ones or it we would be up more. Dominating in most every area, and shooting slump looks like it is over. The kids are pinging corners left.

Gotta keep it up.

Princeton win 12-11, with a questionable ending. We scored to tie it and the refs ruled in the crease or interference, which was bs on the replay.

Deserved better tonight. Personnel adjustments were made and it looks like a different team.

Should be an interesting second half to the season. Princeton is a very good team.

Originally posted by RutgersRaRa:

Originally posted by Caliknight:

Originally posted by Scarlet_Scourge:
Nice jinx

Providing scores is jinx?
I take it you're not a hockey fan.
No, I'm not. So whatever jinx that might be in hockey, it isn't in lacrosse. On a much more important note, some personnel changes have been made and the team looks much more inspired. Shooting has vastly improved and d and goalie play looks to be going in the right direction.

Watched the game ending again, and our goal was good. The refs really blew it. Should have been an OT game.

Perfect example.

Why would someone start a lacrosse thread on a football board when there is an active lacrosse board???

Originally posted by GoRutgersGo:
Perfect example.

Why would someone start a lacrosse thread on a football board when there is an active lacrosse board???
Perfect example.

Why Would someone click on a lacrosse thread if they didn't want to talk lacrosse???

I appreciate the updates because I'm less likely to go to the lax board. Douchebaggery is at an all-time high on the board.

Originally posted by RUPete:
I appreciate the updates because I'm less likely to go to the lax board. Douchebaggery is at an all-time high on the board.
It really is. To the guy questioning, I was thinking more people would be interested and see it here. And there is no "lacrosse board." There is an Olympic Sports board. Sorry to bust up all the milf and pizza threads with something RU related.

It really is. To the guy questioning, I was thinking more people would be interested and see it here. And there is no "lacrosse board." There is an Olympic Sports board. Sorry to bust up all the milf and pizza threads with something RU related.
"milf and pizza threads," FTW.

Originally posted by 17Q66:

Clearly you are new here. There was a 2 page thread about what deli had better milfs. Pizza threads are the norm. And for the record, OT threads on the football board don't bother me.

This is my last post about this. If any wants to have real discussion about something RU related, we can do it on the Olympic board.

The board is titled "Topics in Forum:[/B] Wrestling, Baseball, Soccer, Lax & more!

Originally posted by 17Q66:
Clearly you are new here. There was a 2 page thread about what deli had better milfs. Pizza threads are the norm. And for the record, OT threads on the football board don't bother me.

This is my last post about this. If any wants to have real discussion about something RU related, we can do it on the Olympic board.
Thanks for clearing that up.

I saw the deli milf thread, but not being a frequent visitor to Hillsborough, I didn't feel as though I had anything to contribute to the conversation.

On the subject of pizza, however ...

Cali - ignore the grief. I appreciate reading about lax, here, because nobody goes to the "other sports" board - I used to attend the occasional lacrosse game back when we were good, in the 80s, under Hayes. Haven't been in years, but if we got good again, I'd attend a few - same for men's soccer.

Also, it still boggles my mind how many people actually believe in jinxes and crap like that - as if your post somehow affected the outcome.

This forum gets the most traffic so thanks Cali for posting a game thread here.

As to jinxes - well, in baseball/softball it's a big part of the game.

I have no issues with a possible Lacrosse upset on the football board but it should have "semi OT" as part of the title. OT since it is not about football but only Semi since it involves Rutgers.

Originally posted by RutgersRaRa:

Originally posted by Scarlet_Scourge:
Nice jinx

Providing scores is jinx?
I take it you're not a hockey fan.
Or wrestling. Or hoops. We have had a string of bad luck with those sports when a thread is started that says "Rutgers is winning. . . "

Thank you for posting the Lax score, especially when we are playing Princeton. I would not have otherwise known they were playing.

The OP posts often enough here to know damn well that he jinxed the team with his post. It is very obvious that he knows and loves lacrosse so it is bitterly ironic that he couldn't contain his enthusiasm and wait until the game ended and we would have all enjoyed his happy recap. Instead, he jumped the gun and, as has become the depressing norm around here, RU blew the lead and the game. The loss is all on him.

I agree that notwithstanding the existence of the other board that his post was perfectly appropriate here. It's just too bad that his timing was off. We all KNOW that RU would have won had he not posted.
wink.r191677.gif

Perfect example.

nm
This post was edited on 3/18 9:40 AM by RUinHouston59

I don't come here much anymore because too many people seem to feel the need to critique...anyone...anything...

If I don't like a topic or poster I don't bother opening...why is that so hard?

Kinda wore me out...and I know I'll get the good riddance and that's ok too...don't care

Was glad someone posted because was interested in that game and don't go to LAX board...good to see team improving....

Caliknight ... Always enjoy your posts, but this one would have made Lil' Abner's Joe Btfsplk look good. The other recent thread, started by another poster, about starting the football season at 4-0, likewise. Insulting to the Football Gawds.

+1

its amazing how many mean spirited people post here.

The board is titled "Topics in Forum:[/B] Wrestling, Baseball, Soccer, Lax & more!
wow..,,,,,,newbie brilliance! This board has taken a dive in the past year or so....

Originally posted by mikefla:

wow..,,,,,,newbie brilliance! This board has taken a dive in the past year or so....
I don't think the board is taking a dive, but becoming more popular so you get more idiots who want to get responses. You get random dumb posts that are just there to stir controversy and everyone takes the bait. It's ones guy in the entire thread. Just ignore it and move on.

For the record, Cali has posted a thousand different topics about Lacrosse on the Other Sports board. He knows it's there. He participates in them. He's on that board daily talking about a variety of our sports here at Rutgers. He's a dedicated and committed fan who has always brought good conversation there.

He's trying to drum up interest on this board to hope that people eventually move over to that board to talk about lacrosse since a lot of people don't bother to check those boards as often and this board is heavily populated. People start wrestling match threads on this football board now and then, too. When the match is over, they'll hopefully get moved to the Other Sports board if the mods have time.

People need to start letting the mod's moderate instead of becoming board police. If you have any questions, email the mods. My email is noth0583@gmail.com if you have any comments/suggestions/complaints that you'd like to address. Yes, I am one of a number of mods here. I'm always willing to get feedback on stuff and help people out to take some of the load off of John O.

Originally posted by mikefla:
The board is titled "Topics in Forum:[/B]Wrestling, Baseball, Soccer, Lax & more!
Just so you know: that's an alias for our resident thread rater and post bumper.

John posted yesterday that he likes the OT threads and the sense of community and action they create on this board.

Just my opinion, but you need to take a breath and reevaluate if a thread in cyberspace on arguably the wrong forum on this site which you don't own, moderate or possibly even pay a subscription to somehow offends you enough to admonish a fellow Rutgers fan/alum/or student.

Originally posted by Mike from MD:

Mike - as a fellow scientist, please tell me you're kidding. Or at least that while you acknowledge many people believe in jinxes, hopefully you don't, especially in relation to fan superstitions affecting the outcome of a game. I'm not including players, because players are actually involved and if they believe something strongly it can affect their confidence/play.

I hope Caliknight knows I was just kidding.

I am sorry everyone piled up on you, I was just making fun of people who think this board is a Jinx.

Originally posted by RU848789:

Originally posted by Mike from MD:

Mike - as a fellow scientist, please tell me you're kidding. Or at least that while you acknowledge many people believe in jinxes, hopefully you don't, especially in relation to fan superstitions affecting the outcome of a game. I'm not including players, because players are actually involved and if they believe something strongly it can affect their confidence/play.
I thought these were tongue-in-cheek comments but its starting to look like we have lots of superstitous people on these boards.

As for jinxed post Mike does have the upper hand. Game turned to the worse as soon as post was made so there is that.

I still don't understand in game, premature attention seekers. We have seen so many failures on here. Can't everyone just wait until a game is over. And talk about a spoiler alert title.

Originally posted by RU848789:

Cali - ignore the grief. I appreciate reading about lax, here, because nobody goes to the "other sports" board - I used to attend the occasional lacrosse game back when we were good, in the 80s, under Hayes. Haven't been in years, but if we got good again, I'd attend a few - same for men's soccer.

Also, it still boggles my mind how many people actually believe in jinxes and crap like that - as if your post somehow affected the outcome.
You don't believe in jinx's ??? how can you then explain so many unlucky or unfortunate occurrences after breaking one of the jinx taboos. For example, appearing on the cover of Sports Illustrated. The cover person almost always has something unlucky happen. This has been proven conclusively by university statisticians. Let me guess, you are also one of those guys who does not believe in global warming ?

It looks like the lax team is owed a major apology!

Princeton win 12-11, with a questionable ending. We scored to tie it and the refs ruled in the crease or interference, which was bs on the replay.

Deserved better tonight. Personnel adjustments were made and it looks like a different team.

Should be an interesting second half to the season. Princeton is a very good team.
Cali,
What's the best way to defend the player on Princeton, McDonald?, who scored 7 freakin goals.
Can you play something like a lax version of a box and one with one player man to man and the rest in a zone?
Just seemed like he is one guy you want to take away from PU. Overall RU looked much better, especially on offense.
I think we had some key semi unforced turnovers that could have easily been avoided and given us a chance
to score more goals in the 2nd half. Defense and goalie play also seemed better. I hope we continue to progress.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT