ADVERTISEMENT

RU- Mich 2014 on now...Refs

yeah.. they added a yard to every spot for UM and took one from us.. it adds up. And then you got the "ruling on the field" which always is against us.. we need absolute video evidence to get what we deserve.

Last edited:
Are brutal. Trying to gift wrap the game for UM. Nova looks a lot better than I remember
Outside or the Penn St game where he was running for his life, Nova had an excellent season and a solid career for us. He forced some throws throughout his career but he was one of our best QB’s ever and the results speak volumes while he played and since he left.

Last edited:
Novas three horrible games (Kent State, Virginia Tech, Penn State) marred an otherwise excellent career

....possibly add to that a pretty bad game at UL in 2011, which was early but ended up costing us a share of the BE title. UL fans after the game were calling him Gary "Turnova."

....possibly add to that a pretty bad game at UL in 2011, which was early but ended up costing us a share of the BE title. UL fans after the game were calling him Gary "Turnova."
Disagree 100%. He threw 3 picks but for a true freshman he played well. We missed 2 FG’s and we dropped a sure TD on a beautiful downfield pass - remember those? The following year also against Villa he had another beautiful downfield pass for a sure TD dropped. Two years in a row as a Freshman and a Sophomore he made passes that would have given us outright conference titles that were dropped. So no you’re wrong here.

Outside or the Penn St game where he was running for his life, Nova had an excellent season and a solid career for us. He forced some throws throughout his career but he was one of our best QB’s ever and give results speak volumes while he played and since he left.

I wouldn’t say excellent career when he was benched his freshman season and junior season at times . He also should have been benched at times his sophomore season. But I would say his senior season was excellent. He played a hell of a game against Michigan that night. He’s a Rutgers hall of famer for sure. And way better than anyone else we have trotted out there the last 5 years.

Reactions: RU_DIO
I wouldn’t say excellent career when he was benched his freshman season and junior season at times . He also should have been benched at times his sophomore season. But I would say his senior season was excellent. He played a hell of a game against Michigan that night. He’s a Rutgers hall of famer for sure. And way better than anyone else we have trotted out there the last 5 years.
I guess it would have been more accurate to say excellent compared to what we've had since

Reactions: Plum Street
Nova was solid his senior season.. but was it worth the investment of three seasons of him and chasing off QB competition to get there?

I still think the stuff he showed in the previous 3 seasons should have gotten him replaced. He never stepped into a throw with pressure.. even in his senior season. I think his senior season was made by Caroo.. to which he could just throw it up for grabs.

Last edited:
That was the last great game RU has played. Amazing how long we have been plain awful.

was at the Kent game (ans the bowl), goodness he was awful....and my dad and I were talking about the Va Tech game yesterday. Horrible. The rain in the second half pretty much summed up that game. Flood needed to pull Nova those 2 games

Novas three horrible games (Kent State, Virginia Tech, Penn State) marred an otherwise excellent career

Reactions: Rutgers8086
A huge call did go our way late with that Michigan catch on the sidelines ruled an incompletion.

Nova was solid his senior season.. but was it worth the investment of three seasons of him and chasing off QB competition to get there?

I still think the stuff he showed in the previous 3 seasons should have gotten him replaced. He never stepped into a throw with pressure.. even in his senior season. I think his senior season was made by Caroo.. to which he could just throw it up for grabs.
Carroo was a beast as were Kroft, Patton and Turzilli but he didn’t throw anything up for grabs. Watch film. He made great passes And his first 3 years were all bowl games as well including as I said above he threw perfect game winning long passes to wide open receivers who dropped them 2 years in a row which would have put us in a great bowl game. He wasn’t perfect early but he made plays which we have sorely missed since he left. Teel wasn’t always perfect either especially his first 2 seasons after a redshirt but I would take a guy like him all over again too.

Reactions: shields
Remember that call clearly. Barnwell beat I think Funches to the spot and he was interfered with.

We were going nuts during that bullish!t call. Great play by Barnwell. That official sucked on that call. Horrible.

The officials made so many small and large calls for Michigan. And we still beat them!

Carroo was a beast as were Kroft, Patton and Turzilli but he didn’t throw anything up for grabs. Watch film. He made great passes And his first 3 years were all bowl games as well including as I said above he threw perfect game winning long passes to wide open receivers who dropped them 2 years in a row which would have put us in a great bowl game. He wasn’t perfect early but he made plays which we have sorely missed since he left. Teel wasn’t always perfect either especially his first 2 seasons after a redshirt but I would take a guy like him all over again too.

Lots of bad passes as well. He was barely over 50 % in the best game of his career. NFL talent in Carroo, Burton and Kroft. Patton, Turzilli and Grant were no slouches either. Michigan should have never been in a position to win that game.

Flood's refusal to pull Nova in many games cost him his head coaching career. Kent State, PSU and Va Tech all stand out as were there for the taking. Beat PSU and win another bowl game against Va Tech... who knows?

Even Flood's best defensive game, Cincy? Nova almost gave the game away with awful interceptions. I think we are just so shell shocked as Ash was a complete and utter disaster and had nobody at QB for three years and our best QB in a Spring game, Flacco. was ignored.

Last edited:
Reactions: beaced
Gary was a gamer and we would have killed to have him during the past 4 -5 years. Yes ahhh that Penn State game was ours for the taking.

Reactions: Yeah Baby
Soo.. you cannot picture underthrown long balls to Carro where he held up, outfought the defenders, pulled in the catch then beat the defenders for a TD or a huge gain? That seemed to happen every game. sure there were also long passes hitting guys in stride.. and Nova had good games too (like both Arkansas games).. but he also threw INTs from a nearly horizontal position.

There was a reason Nova was a controversial figure at QB. He was not as good as you make him out to be. G-RUnit summed it up pretty well.

Reactions: beaced

The WVU game (in the snow with Eric making an appearance) during his freshman year drove me crazy as well. There was one crucial play where he ran past the line of scrimmage and still threw the ball. However, he was impressive in the Michigan game and the North Carolina game during his senior year. I do agree with many that he is probably the best quarterback in school history as a Big Ten member, but I am still holding onto the hope that Art will pass him with time.

The WVU game (in the snow with Eric making an appearance) during his freshman year drove me crazy as well. There was one crucial play where he ran past the line of scrimmage and still threw the ball. However, he was impressive in the Michigan game and the North Carolina game during his senior year. I do agree with many that he is probably the best quarterback in school history as a Big Ten member, but I am still holding onto the hope that Art will pass him with time.
What is my biggest memory of the WVU snow game. The ass who instructed the crew to plow the field. Perhaps the dumbest move we ever made.

Reactions: Section124
Lots of bad passes as well. He was barely over 50 % in the best game of his career. NFL talent in Carroo, Burton and Kroft. Patton, Turzilli and Grant were no slouches either. Michigan should have never been in a position to win that game.

Flood's refusal to pull Nova in many games cost him his head coaching career. Kent State, PSU and Va Tech all stand out as were there for the taking. Beat PSU and win another bowl game against Va Tech... who knows?

Even Flood's best defensive game, Cincy? Nova almost gave the game away with awful interceptions. I think we are just so shell shocked as Ash was a complete and utter disaster and had nobody at QB for three years and our best QB in a Spring game, Flacco. was ignored.
It takes a special person to trash our last QB who went to 4 bowl games and put us in a position to win 2 titles and won a few BIG games including his gem be Michigan You are but alone. We have many “special” fans.

I do believe Gary was hurt a lot by having no consistency at OC...That is huge.

The 3 games mentioned, this is kind of my take.
Kent State- weird game- final stats say pulling him should be a no brainer. But if you really watch the ebb and flow...Every time I would sit there and say "got to pull him" Flood would put him out there again and he would have a good drive. The next drive, we start to say, maybe he is back on track and another wtf throw. Then the next drive were we are "pull him", Flood puts him out there and a decent drive again. It was like Ground Hog day.
PSU- That game had nothing to do with Nova. We win that game if any 1 of 5 separate things didnt go wrong for us and right for them.
Vatech- yeah- no question needed to put inDodd

Reactions: RUBOB72
ADVERTISEMENT