ADVERTISEMENT

RU MLax Preseason Is 3rd In B1G

bigmatt718

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Mar 11, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Behind Maryland and OSU. I think until OSU proves they can actually beat us, we should be ahead of OSU. That being said I expect all 3 to be dancing in May Madness.

OSU has some impact transfers at positions of need. That’s going to be a dogfight in their new facility.

Reactions: asgot
I think that OSU won the portal this year at least in the big ten. They have impact transfers at every level to team with a good existing core.

We are a rough match up for them. Their grind it out style does t play well when we jump on them. If we can get close to 50% in faceoffs I like our chances.

I’m expecting a big year for Dugenio. The Army transfer is a stud but I’m not sold on the other ones. I’d take our haul given the needs.

Reactions: jreinsdorf
Hudgins is better than any of RU's transfers, and in gereral OSU did better with transfers. That being said, I think RU's incoming freshmen have a slight edge. Last year the rope unit gave OSU major problems, but they're gone. I almost think OSU would have the advantage early on, but if the freshmen develop RU the advantage late. In any event, the two teams are damn close.

Reactions: asgot
We are a rough match up for them. Their grind it out style does t play well when we jump on them. If we can get close to 50% in faceoffs I like our chances.

I’m expecting a big year for Dugenio. The Army transfer is a stud but I’m not sold on the other ones. I’d take our haul given the needs.
I believe Dugenio went like 5-0 against OSU last year before they started trying other kids if I remember correctly.

Yea we jumped on them. I think part of it is we feel comfortable in that big stadium where others don’t. They have an incredible home record.

They move into their new facility this season.

The game to circle is Maryland. We get them at home. They will be very good again but not nearly what they were. We need to get that monkey off of our back.

I am not completely surprised by this as OSU has brought in a few really good transfers. Don't sleep on the offensive guys as Lacalandra had to do everything for LIU and will likely be the third option on attack at OSU. Lewis from Lynchburg is a solid player and will add scoring to the midfield, again likely not to be the number 1 option so you may see him get a shortie a lot which will be a good matchup for him.

I agree about Dugenio I think he will have a really good year and with Neuman backing him up he may get a little more of a breather than in past years.

I am hearing Mullin as the starter tomorrow but Palma is right on his heels and Stoller is not far behind.

I think they have solidified their close defense , their poles ae very good and the SSDM are defenders are excellent but they are still getting used to the transition portion of their role. Dollive could actually see some time here.

Middies are a little in flux and Knobloch is a lock and very good but Sprock is still feeling his way back after a year away. Teresky and Aimone look to round that out and the 2nd group has been the Kim's and Ringer. Macheca and Dollive could slide their way into one of these spots.

attack is pretty set but, I am hearing that Murphy is playing his way into a greater role likely, at the expense of Kulas, who shoots well but is not a polished carrier or distributor. Kurdyla and Peters likely round out the top 6.

Marist could be tricky as they were playing pretty well and gave us a tough time last year

I am not completely surprised by this as OSU has brought in a few really good transfers. Don't sleep on the offensive guys as Lacalandra had to do everything for LIU and will likely be the third option on attack at OSU. Lewis from Lynchburg is a solid player and will add scoring to the midfield, again likely not to be the number 1 option so you may see him get a shortie a lot which will be a good matchup for him.

I agree about Dugenio I think he will have a really good year and with Neuman backing him up he may get a little more of a breather than in past years.

I am hearing Mullin as the starter tomorrow but Palma is right on his heels and Stoller is not far behind.

I think they have solidified their close defense , their poles ae very good and the SSDM are defenders are excellent but they are still getting used to the transition portion of their role. Dollive could actually see some time here.

Middies are a little in flux and Knobloch is a lock and very good but Sprock is still feeling his way back after a year away. Teresky and Aimone look to round that out and the 2nd group has been the Kim's and Ringer. Macheca and Dollive could slide their way into one of these spots.

attack is pretty set but, I am hearing that Murphy is playing his way into a greater role likely, at the expense of Kulas, who shoots well but is not a polished carrier or distributor. Kurdyla and Peters likely round out the top 6.

Marist could be tricky as they were playing pretty well and gave us a tough time last year

I wonder if Kulas will see a lot of time on the extra man offense.

I’m sure he will. He was on it last year at the start of the season.

Marist is the favorite to win the Metro I believe. So while they aren't exactly a sexy name opponent with a number next to their name, they aren't completely chopped liver either.

They do a great job of creating an RPI driven schedule.

There is a reason we are playing them.

Did someone say the line was RU - 7.5 ? Not sure RU covers that with the weather, personnel changes and the way Marist played RU last season.

I wonder how many of tomorrow's games get moved inside. I don't know for sure, but I would bet a lot that Richmond at Maryland will be inside Jones-Hill House...

He might be valued as a sniper on the EMO/Power Play.
No way you don’t have Kulas on EMO. That kid can shoot and finish. He had a bunch of great goals but that pass from Knobloch that he finished was special because it was with his offhand. You don’t normally see that with Canadiens.

Reactions: bigmatt718
No way you don’t have Kulas on EMO. That kid can shoot and finish. He had a bunch of great goals but that pass from Knobloch that he finished was special because it was with his offhand. You don’t normally see that with Canadiens.
Kulas was impressive as hell on Opening Day. Didn't expect a 5 goal, 3 assist performance as starter on attack on Saturday out of him.

Reactions: Caliknight
So much attention gets paid to guys like Knobloch and Scott that it is going to open up things for other guys.

Loved a lot about what I saw Sat. It's Marist, who is picked to win their league but they aren't a B1G team. Even so, we completely overpowered them. Scott is going to have a monster year and you can see that Cameron is comfortable now. This is partly his team.

Knobloch is adding passing to his game which is the next evolution given how much attention he gets. Liked that we played a ton of guys. We are going to need them all.

Having a guy like Kulas who finishes everything is paramount.

Some of the goals we scored were incredible. If we can stay healthy and keep growing, the sky is the limit.

ADVERTISEMENT