ADVERTISEMENT

RU MLax Starts Season Ranked #10

Uva is the odds on favorite. They return a very deep roster and added some top end talent to make it even deeper.

Beyond that, it's a crapshoot. Cornell returns a bunch and will be good, and Maryland is always good but you have to think they take little step back to the pack. I like where we are. On the radar but will sneak up on some people.

Duke always has talent but they seem to have a hard time putting it together consistently lately. ND brought in some big transfers and a lot is expected of them.

It will be an interesting season. We most certainly have a lot of potential. I'm going with Jack Aimone as my break out player. Knobloch and Sprock assuming good health are going to get so much attention, and rightfully so, that it's going to leave guys like him with a lot of opportunities. Physically he definitely looks ready.

Reactions: Scarlet83
Uva is the odds on favorite. They return a very deep roster and added some top end talent to make it even deeper.

Beyond that, it's a crapshoot. Cornell returns a bunch and will be good, and Maryland is always good but you have to think they take little step back to the pack. I like where we are. On the radar but will sneak up on some people.

Duke always has talent but they seem to have a hard time putting it together consistently lately. ND brought in some big transfers and a lot is expected of them.

It will be an interesting season. We most certainly have a lot of potential. I'm going with Jack Aimone as my break out player. Knobloch and Sprock assuming good health are going to get so much attention, and rightfully so, that it's going to leave guys like him with a lot of opportunities. Physically he definitely looks ready.
Teams can't forgot about Ross Scott at the X being the QB of the offense.

Assuming health, he's going to have a MONSTER year. He's ready to take it to the next level.

Wouldn't want to guard that kid if I were a pole. There are guys that can put you on highlight reels and he's one of them.

Another year of talent on steroids due to the extra year if covid eligibility. Harvard's bringing in another bumper crop of freshmen that's almost the equal of last year's group and they're #15. And it's not a travesty. Army not ranked. And I would not want to play unranked Syracuse late in the year.

My guess is that not having a group of transfers equal to last year's group cost Rutgers a spot or two.

There are probably 15 teams that could get to MDW and not be Cinderella's.

I'm taking my son to a scrimmage between Monmouth and Georgian Court since they are in our backyard. Will RU have anything open to the public?

Any guesses as to who emerges out of the pack between PSU, UM and Hopkins?

UM has a lot of talent but can they ever put it together? Maybe this year.

PSU has talent and played a ton of young guys. They should be formidable. Hopkins will be better. They brought in a few impact transfers. Goalie spot is very questionable for them. Ohio St will contend for a playoff spot again, no question.

The B1G will be a bear. There is no guarantees anywhere. Winning in this league is very hard.

I'll go out on a limb and say Maryland has 2 conference losses this year.

I'm taking my son to a scrimmage between Monmouth and Georgian Court since they are in our backyard. Will RU have anything open to the public?

The Villanova scrimmage is going to be one of the alum events so I would assume that has the chance.

Brecht, like Pike, likes the slow build. There is a trade off with few scrimmages. It takes a little bit to gel but that is the goal. You want to be playing your best lacrosse at the end of the year. Certainly the last few seasons you can say that.

Reactions: DowntownT_Brown
This seems about right and maybe a little high as we have questions in key spots. ( goalie, attack and midfield, ssdm, 3 pole) top five realms are loaded.

I was not impressed by the play last year of either of the goalie transfers and we could see us transition from the Harvard goalie to the freshman mush like PSU did last year.
If Sprock is fully recovered from his Achilles injury that will help.
It sounds like Kulas and Kurdyla are fighting for the third attack spot and Civetti and or Aimone will be battling for the 3rd spot on the first midfield
At ssdm I am hearing positive things about the transfers who all did this at their previous school but this is another level.
Defense is pretty solid as Rall and Reynolds lock down the LSM spot and Russo and Apgar hold down 2 of the three close spots

The team can be good but things will need to come together pretty quickly.

UM has a lot of talent but can they ever put it together? Maybe this year.

PSU has talent and played a ton of young guys. They should be formidable. Hopkins will be better. They brought in a few impact transfers. Goalie spot is very questionable for them. Ohio St will contend for a playoff spot again, no question.

The B1G will be a bear. There is no guarantees anywhere. Winning in this league is very hard.

I'll go out on a limb and say Maryland has 2 conference losses this year.
Yeah, I think the Terps will be good, but I can't imagine there won't be a dropoff. It's going to be crazy this year, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Rutgers at the top.

I only played pickup lacrosse, mostly on the beach with friends (every year I said I'd try playing in a league, but I was always too beat up after wrestling season), so I don't really know what I'm talking about...

• Haha
Reactions: Caliknight
Yeah, I think the Terps will be good, but I can't imagine there won't be a dropoff. It's going to be crazy this year, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Rutgers at the top.

I only played pickup lacrosse, mostly on the beach with friends (every year I said I'd try playing in a league, but I was always too beat up after wrestling season), so I don't really know what I'm talking about...
I’ll check out the Terps live in a few weeks when they make the trip to Ridley to play Loyola. I imagine they will be very good.

Terps will be great, but I cannot see them being what they were last year. That was an all time team.

Terps have great talent as always, but someone is going to get them in the conference this year. Maybe more than one team.

Reactions: dconifer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT