ADVERTISEMENT

RU/PRINCETON PREVIEW

wngarbarini

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 4, 2006
The much improved Tigers come to the Barn on Valentine's Day hoping to break our hearts by coming out with an upset victory (thought I would inject some humor). They bring an 8-5 record in dual meets having lost to Lehigh, Northwestern by 2, Binghampton, Hofstra by 2 and Cornell by 15. So they are no slouches and Chris Ayers has done a great job building that program from the ashes. They will not be a pushover. NJ native and State HS Champ Jonathan Schleifer from East Brunswick headlines the squad. They are very strong up top where we have had difficulties. Schleifer at 165, Brett Harmer at 184 and Abram Ayala all have wins over top ranked kids so we have to build a significant lead going into those weights.

Probable Lineups:

125 McCabe versus Sr Ryan Cash
133 Delvecchio versus Fr Jordan Reich
141 Ashnault versus So Jordan Lester (he has had close bouts with top guys)
149 Theobold versus Jr Chris Perez or Jr Nick Maselli
157 Perrotti versus Sr Rich Eva or FR Francesco Fabozzi (great name)
165 Visicaro versus Fr Jonathan Schleifer
174 Backukas versus Jr Judd Zeigler or So Troy Murtha
184 Parfumi versus So Brett Harmer
197 Hrymack versus Jr Abram Ayala
285 Smith versus Ray O'Donnell

There will be a Skull Session from 12-1 at the Olive Branch across the street from the College Ave Gym free of charge for a Q & A with Coach Goodale on a first come first serve basis for seating.

Princeton is a team to watch. I think they recently got one or 2 Blair kids to commit. definitely on the rise.

now that we're at the end of the season, the common opponents function on WrestleStat is really useful.

http://www.wrestlestats.com/Perma/DualComparison/46/rutgers/princeton

O'Donnell the P'ton 285 looks like he could make things interesting and, Laster, (or Lester, not sure) 141 looks like he could be decent. he has 2 wins over message board favorite Jameson Oster from NW :)

I won my match already! Some how i got my girlfriend to agree a Rutgers vs Princton is ronantic! LOL
But for real. Good rivalry match to have. We should win but it might be . ose because the do match up well with us. 165 and 184 might give them bonus so we have our hands full. Still think we win easy and i think Hyrmac at 197 upsets another ranked guy. Just my hunch. Good tune up before drexel and a nice little break before we make a run at a podium spot.

I am hoping for a 7-3 match split today. Probably going to make the trip to Drexel next Friday. Anyone else thinking of going?

ADVERTISEMENT