ADVERTISEMENT

RU-Princeton

ElmiraExpress

Senior
Oct 3, 2004
For 3 quarters, Rutgers lacrosse played as a top team - excellent execution in many area. Starting as soon as the 4th quarter started, Princeton's talent differential took over and they dominated. Overall good effort for Rutgers lacrosse

Great effort by the kids. The way the first half went was part RU and part that it was probably a trap game for Princeton, coming between Penn and Yale. But RU hung tough after the 5-goal run and really made it a tough night. Princeton coach made a good call when he brought in a different goalie. Kid made a couple of big plays late. I didn't have a problem with the last call but didn't have the TV view.

Where was everyone? The 6 p.m. start is so lousy for students and working stiffs. Yeah, it was pretty lonely in HPSS last night. Maybe 500 or so. Talked with some Princeton guys and they said it wouldn't have been much different if the game had been down there. Made me feel like an old geezer because, hell yeah, I remember when any game in any sport against Princeton was a big deal. Then again, we didn't have Madden to play in our dorms back then ...

Consensus in my group was that Brecht is looking at 5-9 in Year 4. Beat NJIT and sneak a win against UMich. Hope that it's respectable against PSU and OSU. MD and Hopkins could get ugly unless a goalie gets hot. It sure would be nice to get a signature win to offset the Monmouth/Richmond debacles. But, hey, things are a helluva lot brighter than they were walking out of the Stony Brook loss. Even if it ends 4-10, Brecht should be back for 2016. But the clock is ticking and it's time to get above .500 next season, B1G schedule or not, to stay any longer.

Originally posted by 78CollegeAve:
Great effort by the kids. The way the first half went was part RU and part that it was probably a trap game for Princeton, coming between Penn and Yale. But RU hung tough after the 5-goal run and really made it a tough night. Princeton coach made a good call when he brought in a different goalie. Kid made a couple of big plays late. I didn't have a problem with the last call but didn't have the TV view.

Where was everyone? The 6 p.m. start is so lousy for students and working stiffs. Yeah, it was pretty lonely in HPSS last night. Maybe 500 or so. Talked with some Princeton guys and they said it wouldn't have been much different if the game had been down there. Made me feel like an old geezer because, hell yeah, I remember when any game in any sport against Princeton was a big deal. Then again, we didn't have Madden to play in our dorms back then ...

Consensus in my group was that Brecht is looking at 5-9 in Year 4. Beat NJIT and sneak a win against UMich. Hope that it's respectable against PSU and OSU. MD and Hopkins could get ugly unless a goalie gets hot. It sure would be nice to get a signature win to offset the Monmouth/Richmond debacles. But, hey, things are a helluva lot brighter than they were walking out of the Stony Brook loss. Even if it ends 4-10, Brecht should be back for 2016. But the clock is ticking and it's time to get above .500 next season, B1G schedule or not, to stay any longer.
Students are on spring break.

RU23 -- talking 6 p.m. starts in general. That time also stinks for high school and youth lacrosse kids. I know, they probably shouldn't be going to a 7 p.m. game on a school night either.

ADVERTISEMENT