ADVERTISEMENT

RU QB's Through the Years

It still irks me that flood pulled rettig after a good first half to play a guy that violated team rules. I could see if he was the clear starter but flood himself could not make that decision up to that point. He should have let rettig play the 3rd quarter at least to see how he did with Caroo

It still irks me that a guy with Kyle flood's resume was hired by Rutgers and then retained for four seasons . Any place that was serious about winning would never do that .

I was in the stands at West Point when McMahon got the nod part way through the 1st half. Reaction from both RU and Army fans was "WOW!". Would have loved to have seen him play with some of Schiano's better teams. IMHO best RU QB of the last quarter century.

I was in the stands at West Point when McMahon got the nod part way through the 1st half. Reaction from both RU and Army fans was "WOW!". Would have loved to have seen him play with some of Schiano's better teams. IMHO best RU QB of the last quarter century.
absolutely, had the most talent and all the gifts required

Reactions: Plum Street
Thought the slideshow said he started the Army game. If I remember correctly McMahon's first game action in a relief role was an overtime loss against Pitt where, despite the loss, Terry Shea was almost giddy that he had found a QB.

McMahon was at Navy. First pass was a laser beam five yards over the head of the intended receiver but the crowd in the RU sections cheered.

Also loved watching Mr. McMahon for the Lions on Thanksgiving Day, I think 2001. Having to watch the Lions every year on Turkey Day is usually brutal. That day was awesome rooting for "our guy". Yes, they lost to Favre and the Packers. But is was a great 4th quarter comeback (and could have been epic if they converted the 2 pt conversion at the end). Thanks Mike!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT