ADVERTISEMENT

RU sends 8 to U23 in Nebraska

wngarbarini

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 4, 2006
RU wrestling will send 8 wrestlers to the U23 in Nebraska next week. Raimo, Sawver, Alvarez, MVB, Kanniard, Clark, Poz and Boone McDermott will represent us. Seabass will be at the Pan Am games at the same time.

Aragona remains absent from competition.
That's a good point.. it seems odd that has been be anywhere in the last year plus at this point. Ive seen videos/stories on social media of him training and whatnot, so he doesn't appear to be injured or rehabbing but I wonder what's going on.

57 kg - Dylan Shawver, Scarlet Knights Wrestling Club
61 kg - Sammy Alvarez, Scarlet Knights Wrestling Club (surprised to see him at 61, figured he'd be at 65)
61 kg - Nicky Raimo, New Jersey
70 kg - Mike Vanbrill, Scarlet Knights Wrestling Club
74 kg - Robert Kanniard, Scarlet Knights Wrestling Club
74 kg - Andrew Clark, Scarlet Knights Wrestling Club
86 kg - John Poznanski, Scarlet Knights Wrestling Club
125 kg - Niccolo Colucci, Scarlet Knights Wrestling Club
125 kg - Boone McDermott, Scarlet Knights Wrestling Club

57 kg - Dylan Shawver, Scarlet Knights Wrestling Club
61 kg - Sammy Alvarez, Scarlet Knights Wrestling Club (surprised to see him at 61, figured he'd be at 65)
61 kg - Nicky Raimo, New Jersey
70 kg - Mike Vanbrill, Scarlet Knights Wrestling Club
74 kg - Robert Kanniard, Scarlet Knights Wrestling Club
74 kg - Andrew Clark, Scarlet Knights Wrestling Club
86 kg - John Poznanski, Scarlet Knights Wrestling Club
125 kg - Niccolo Colucci, Scarlet Knights Wrestling Club
125 kg - Boone McDermott, Scarlet Knights Wrestling Club

Thinking mistake by Flo or mistake registering Sammy...61kg is 134.4 and pretty sure it is scratch weight.

Reactions: Leonard23
Surprised to see Alvarez at 61 (mistake?). Would've liked to see Aguilar, Aragona, O'Neill, and Janzer wrestle.

Alvarez in his Flo interview hinted he might not be done with 133 after all and that he’s adjusted his nutrition so who the F knows. I’m just glad he’s reinvigorated because I think he’s gonna be a force next year.

Im starting to worry about Jo Jo and I’m not an alarmist by nature. Please, someone convince me this kid is going to be back on the mat soon.

Reactions: Leonard23
Jojo was training to compete in ALL of the freestyle events when he suffered an injury that knocked him out of competing. That is why he has not wrestled. All is well with him and the team and he will compete when healed. No worries with him folks. Rest easy.

Jojo was training to compete in ALL of the freestyle events when he suffered an injury that knocked him out of competing. That is why he has not wrestled. All is well with him and the team and he will compete when healed. No worries with him folks. Rest easy.

Good to hear that he’ll be back. Thanks.

Good to hear he's been training and it sucks he got injured, but there's a lot to be concerned about with his freshman struggles and lack of competition due to injuries and illness. Hope he can get back on track.

Raimo will not be wrestling tomorrow so when you don’t see him don’t panic. He and Joey O were in an auto accident after practice but are ok.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Brackets are on FloArena.

Alvarez is 2-0 (both tech falls) and into the Rd16, I think he has 2 more winnable matches and then should see Don Demas in Semi-Finals.

Poz has a tough bout next with Stefanie of Princeton. Nice to see Niko Colucci beat Ragland to move on.

Reactions: obrats
Sammy get Demas from Okie who is the top seed. He is so tough and probably too slick for Sammy’s funk.

Poz will face Foca in the semis
Tough match. Foca is great. Should be a great litmus test for Poz. They had a close state final a few years ago. Foca has been in that ridiculous Cornell room for a few years and has quality senior-level experience.

Wow Kannaird and his opponent just took out the scorers table.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT